Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNIBLUE RegistryBooster.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

I've heard a little bit about it, hasn't been particularly good, although it's not as bad as some of the programs out there.

I personally would not recommend it, and would stick to something like CCleaner myself. These types of registry cleaners can do a lot of damage so caution should always be used with them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Appreciate your opinion ActorSeeksJob, Thanks. ;)

What's your opinion (If any) on PCTools Registry Mechanic?

I've often found that it can actually cause little glitches after removing/fixing some errors it claims to have found. (Nothing too serious though)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

I've actually used Registry Mechanic for a few years now, and am quite fond of it. It is considered by most people to be the best registry program. I've never had any problems with it, and no complaints either.

All registry cleaners can cause problems, no matter how good or safe they are. Registry Mechanic seems to be very safe from my experience, it is not aggressive like some cleaners. However it isn't cheap :)

I would recommend that you use the CCleaner registry cleaner, I use this myself and find it to be very good. It is simple, yet does a great job, and is very safe. It also has a load of other features.

A lot of people swear by RegSeeker, however this is not a newbie friendly program. I nearly wrecked my own PC with it, thank god I made a backup of my registry before I ran the program.

So I would stick with CCleaner if I were you, Registry Mechanic isn't that much better to warrant you spending around $60 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Cheers,
    I hear what you're saying ActorSeeksJob ;)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement