Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

Options
  • 06-01-2008 8:50pm

Finially sat down and watched Wrong Turn 2. I had heard some positive feedback regarding the film, but I have to admit that I was not expecting the film to be as good as it was. Put simply it's easily one of the best horror films of the past year.

Performances were excellent all round, particulary Henry Rollins who was a joy to watch every time he was on screen. The gore was realistic done, but always had slightly comedic overtones rather than the sadistic manner of many recent horror films.

After the quite pathetic Hills Have Eyes 2, this was the sequel which should have played in cinemas. It's out on R2 DVD in a day or two and is well worth buying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

im going to take your word and watch the second one tonight.The first one was good I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I thought the original was a well done, if slightly predictible horror, must give the second one a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

im in chartbusters, and im going to look for it noe.

I loved the first one.

Elisa Duschku.. < spells somthing like that! was really hot in it :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oh dear GOD, they made a sequel to that piece of crap?! I shouldn't be surprised, really, but still. The first one was a bad knock-off of the already-bad Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, so there's no way in hell I'd be going anywhere near a sequel. (Especially not when I've finally gotten around to watching Switchblade Romance, which has raised my expectations of any slasher flick I watch in the next while...)

fatal wrote: »
    im going to take your word and watch the second one tonight.The first one was good I thought

Watch it and enjoy. Don't expect Seven Samurai, just sit back and go with it.
    I thought the original was a well done, if slightly predictible horror, must give the second one a go.

The second one is a massive step up from the first.
    snyper wrote: »
    im in chartbusters, and im going to look for it noe.

I loved the first one.

Elisa Duschku.. < spells somthing like that! was really hot in it :)

One attractive does not a quality film make.
    Fysh wrote: »
    Oh dear GOD, they made a sequel to that piece of crap?! I shouldn't be surprised, really, but still. The first one was a bad knock-off of the already-bad Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, so there's no way in hell I'd be going anywhere near a sequel. (Especially not when I've finally gotten around to watching Switchblade Romance, which has raised my expectations of any slasher flick I watch in the next while...)

You should check out the sequel. It's 98 minutes of fun, with some great gore, a number of neat gags and Henry Rollins. It's a far superior film to the original and worth your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Hmmm Henry Rollins is a definite pro, but I really did hate the first film! It was one of the few films I've fallen asleep watching (and Hard Rain doesn't count as I was really tired).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You should check out the sequel. It's 98 minutes of fun, with some great gore, a number of neat gags and Henry Rollins. It's a far superior film to the original and worth your time.

I get the impression the sequel has a completely different approach to the original then; if it's gone for a more dark-humour approach it might well be worth a watch. Plus, as you say, Henry Rollins makes everything better.

Fysh wrote: »
    I get the impression the sequel has a completely different approach to the original then; if it's gone for a more dark-humour approach it might well be worth a watch. Plus, as you say, Henry Rollins makes everything better.

It's more of a pirch black comedy than Texas Chainsaw Redux. I had a smile plastered across my face for the vast majority of the running time and it has got Henry Rollins. I found the first film to be a pretty flat rewrite of Texas Chainsaw and after enduring the horrible Return to House on Haunted Hill my expectations were low. It was quite nice to find a horror film which did'nt pander to the lowest common denominator and instead relied on a witty script and fine directing to get it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Just watched it

Started of poor.

But iremember shouting at the tv when they pissed of Henry Rollins sayin.. ROLLINS IS COMMIN TO KICK UR ASS FREAKS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I didn't think it was that good, but the gore was excellent. I suppose it could have been worse....but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a good film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Ok, watched this the other night cos I remember it gettin good rep a few months back in this thread

Unfortunately, it was kinda lame!

It was repetitive, and there was nothing original about it

IMO, in a slasher horror each death is an opportunity to be original, but i didnt like the way
    they killed the guy and girl up in the traps with one arrow

and they used the
    exploding arrow
    thing twice

The only thing I liked about it was that it kills ur expectations

You can predict who will die, and who will survive etc then the whole plan goes out the window

Still, nothin amazin!

I preferred the 1st one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Thought the first one sucked major ass.
    Watched the first 30 minutes of the sequel on Sky the other night and switched off.
    It looks like a poor made for TV movie.
    Not even Hank could save it.

Advertisement