Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning LCD

Options
  • 06-01-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

What is the best product/technique for cleaning and LCD tv? What should I definitely not use? My daughters hand prints are all over the screen!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Damp lint free cloth, baby wipes or IPA wipes should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cool I'll give the baby wipes a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

Do it while the TV is cold. Also, if you've any smears afterwards these can be got rid of by using a 100% cotton garment. Just do a circular motion with very little force and the smears will go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

IPA wipes should be fine.

NO no no no no .........IPA wipes , thats Isopropal alcohol , are definitely not OK to use on flat screens , read the manual , no solvents whatsoever , dont do it.

The net is littered with sites that recommend a 50% alcohol solution , and that is completely wrong , no solvents should be used at all , and especially not alcohol or ammonia , it may work for the first few goes , then it starts to taint and damage the screen , to the point where the set will be unwatchable.

A soft lint free cloth slightly dampened with water ( Britta filter the water if your really paranoid ) will do.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60446

If you must have a solution , then this is very good , no solvents

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/irlstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=7E4EB91E&nplm=T7562#overview

Advertisement