Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any trad sessions near Lucan at all?

Options
  • 06-01-2008 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there. I've recently moved over from england & I want to find a local trad session (either in lucan, leixlip, maynooth etc etc). I play the button accordian, bodhran etc, but was looking for somewhere casual i might be able to join in with? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Rithim

Theres a Trad session in the Newtown Inn Maynooth everyThurs night.Just curious but have you been playing the accordion long.Have you ever played live.see ya rithim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nicola2008

Ah, thanks for letting me know about that. Must go along to that at some stage in the near future - would love to get back playing. Yeh, well I started playing the accordian when I was 8 (and i'm in my mid 20s now!). Although I haven't played regularly for about 6 yrs. Was a member of Comhaltas (CCE) in England, so we'd play every week for a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ceolta

Hi Nicola,
    have you been to Maynooth yet? Am moving to Lucan in about a month and would love to start playing again as well. Am originally from Germany but now here for good. Would be interested in how you got on.
    Cheers
    Roisin

Advertisement