Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop on Network

Options
  • 06-01-2008 3:23pm

:)Hey Folks,

Please excuse me if this is the wrong form!

I got a new laptop for Christmas and connected to the wireless server no problem, but i have no noticed a definate decrease in the speed. Is this supposed to happen when you have more then one laptop on a network. its gone very bad. we curently have two laptops in my house. i have tryed moved the modem closer and got a better signal but it doesnt help.

I am a BT Ireland customer and when i check my laptop it says my internet speed is 54.0Mbp.

Is this the correct speed for broadband??

Thanks for your help and i am open to any suggestions!!

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

:)Hey Folks,

Please excuse me if this is the wrong form!

I got a new laptop for Christmas and connected to the wireless server no problem, but i have no noticed a definate decrease in the speed. Is this supposed to happen when you have more then one laptop on a network. its gone very bad. we curently have two laptops in my house. i have tryed moved the modem closer and got a better signal but it doesnt help.

I am a BT Ireland customer and when i check my laptop it says my internet speed is 54.0Mbp.

Is this the correct speed for broadband??

Thanks for your help and i am open to any suggestions!!

Stephen

The more computres using the network at once the slower it gets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i think the 54mbps is the speed the laptop is connected to the router.

ROyalMarineComm,

sorry just to confirm, you that my internet is the right speed yes?

Although i used to have the modem rigged upto my computer, although now its broken so its not in use and i never experienced slowness. but is this because the computer was technically not wireless, it was wired??

sorry, if u understand me lol

Cheers lads

Advertisement