Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV on laptop?

Options
  • 06-01-2008 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a flashcard or some other device that I can discreetly plug into my laptop so that I can watch tv on my laptop wirelessly? I've seen pix for devices that do wireless "tv out" from a tv but I'm not exactly sure what these consist of. For example I'd want to be able to control changing tv channels etc from the laptop (like I could with a normal TV) and not have to change the house TV to change what I see on my computer etc

I guess what I'm looking for would be something that connects to my houses tv signal source and then broadcasts the signal round the house that my laptop can pick up (in the same way as it picks up broadband).

Could people recommend me such a product if one exists. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,080 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

a slingbox might do it, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Slingbox does this but won't confine your viewing to your home - anywhere you have broadband you can watch your home tv if you have broadband at home too.

Great little gadget - you'd pick one up in Dixons pretty cheaply.

Advertisement