Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell returns

Options
  • 06-01-2008 5:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I've ordered a pc from dell thats set to arrive 1st thing on monday. The thing is tho, i'm not 100% sure i want it anymore. I'm thinkin self build now but the pre built dell just makes my life so much easier, thats why i've gone with dell so far. I really wanna have a look at it first tho. I'm just wondering does any one know wot dells return policy is. If i take it outta the box boot it up and install a game to test it out and its not to the standard i want, does this mean i cant return it??? If this is the case i myt cancel my order...

Any speedy responses would be greatly appreciated, like i said it arrives 1st thing monday so i'd like to know my options.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Unlikely unless there is something wrong with the PC, I don't think you can return it unless you use the clause in 5.5 or 7.3.1

Consumers:
    5.4 Delivery will take place less than 30 days after the date of Order unless specifically otherwise agreed at the time of making the Order.
    5.5 If the estimated delivery date cannot be met and the revised delivery date will exceed 30 days from the original date of order then Consumer will be contacted & advised of a proposed new date for delivery. If Consumer refuses the revised delivery date and delivery is not made within 30 days from the original date of order or prior to the specifically agreed delivery date if applicable, then Consumer may cancel the order without charge & obtain a full refund.

...and.....

Consumers:
    7.3 Consumers may cancel their Orders for any reason until, but no later than:
    7.3.1 the end of the 7th "working day" (days other than weekend days & public holidays) after the day of receipt of the Product &/or of the Service Order Confirmation (as applicable); or
    7.3.2 the end of the 7th working day after the date when all such information required by law is supplied.
    7.4 Consumers' right to cancel Software that is supplied on CD, DVD or other similar storage devices is also lost if the Software is unwrapped.
    7.5 On cancellation of Products Consumer is obliged to return the goods to Dell in their original condition, undamaged & at the cost of Consumer. Consumer shall take reasonable care to ensure that the goods are not damaged whilst in transit using means arranged by Consumer. Whilst in possession of the goods Consumer shall be under a duty to take reasonable care of them. Dell shall take action against Consumer for goods returned which have been made unfit for resale or damaged whilst in the possession of Consumer.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

» How Can I Return My Dell Order?
    If you are not happy with your order, we would like to help. Please contactCustomer Service.
    new_note.jpgNote: It is possible to return your order within 8 working days from delivery.Please complete the Return Request form.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Do You think after running a game etc... they would still take it back in the 8 days?? I mean technically it would still be in perfect working condition rite...? I jus cant help but think i'm making a mistake with the dell seeing as it is not very upgradeable...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Skidmcmarx wrote: »
    Do You think after running a game etc... they would still take it back in the 8 days?? I mean technically it would still be in perfect working condition rite...? I jus cant help but think i'm making a mistake with the dell seeing as it is not very upgradeable...
    I don't know, I would say no, what PC did you get ?

I've a Dell 9200 myself and it's a great machine, I use to build my own but decided a few months back to go for a Dell, haven't regret it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

I got the xps 420. Luks like a great machine for the price but the lack of upgradability has me worried... Thats about my only concern

• Advertisement
Advertisement