Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc connected to pc but no sound

Options
  • 06-01-2008 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

ok i connected my pc to my beko 32" hdtv and used the vga cable for the picture and thats fine but there was the cables with 3 colours on it red blue and green and connected em and no sound?is there another cable i should have?or can i get one easily?only using the tv as monitor coz my lcd broke!ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

You need to use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Kali wrote: »
    You need to use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

Or 3.5mm Jack to 2 RCA for stereo sound :D

CC399AC_LR.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 stephenparsons

so jsut need that cable and i defo have the slots?haha im such a dumb ass.are they expensive?

so jsut need that cable and i defo have the slots?haha im such a dumb ass.are they expensive?

No you can them in argos and such for a couple of euro

ok cheers lads

• Advertisement

ok so i got that lead(the one in the pic) and still no sound?plug the red and white but into the sockets in the telly and the black one into all the ones on the pc but sitll nothin....any ideas lads?

ok so i got that lead(the one in the pic) and still no sound?plug the red and white but into the sockets in the telly and the black one into all the ones on the pc but sitll nothin....any ideas lads?

There are usually three sound-related sockets on the back of most pc's

The green is the speakers, black for mic etc

Put the black one in the front headphone socket or the green socket in the back of the pc,you should get sound then,as long as the red cable is in the red socket,white in white socket...

31pTVVxyn3L._AA280_.jpg

thats exactly wot i did but nothin :mad: argh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Sound turned on, not muted

Plugged into correct slots on TV for channel that is active

ok i looked again and beside the vga cable there is a "pc in" but its for the black part of cable so id say i jsut need da cable with both black ends yes?sure ill get one tommorow thanks lads hope this works now

• Advertisement

ok got the 3.5mm kack to 3.5mm jack and all is working perfect,nice one for the help lads

Advertisement