Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Media Studies

Options
  • 05-01-2008 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

I'm in my final year in NUIM doing Media Studies and i was thinking of going on to do a masters in it.

I was looking at the course in DCU but a lot of the modules i've covered already albeit in not as much detail but i'd prefer something different.

I've tired of the theory side of it and considering i want to get into camera work in the future, are there any practical minded courses anyone can recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DDaccidental

was in same postion as did my BA In journalism and media. thought of doing my masters in NUIM also but didn't want to cover old ground etc when i wanted to get into radio specifically. ended up getting loads of recommendations re: radio course in ballyfermot. It's a lower qualification (Higher National Diploma/HND)than a masters obviously but the course is really practical and absolutely brilliant in terms of contacts. They also have a film and tv course which is supposed to decent so it might be worth doing a bit of research into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

thanks for the reply!

i was actually looking into that, but then i discoverd an MA in Broadcast Production in IADT. looks good, work experience is part of the course too. only thing is that it's €6500. but i guess you pay near enough that for every masters course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sgall

Any advise on the Maynooth MA in radio & tv broadcasting? It has been running for 2 years and appears to be a solid course. The IADT MA Broadcast Production is starting for the first time this September and so doesn't have a track record.

Advertisement