Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Worlds Trailer

Options
  • 05-01-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

I've been following SGW for a good while and it's looking promising. Anyways, they've finally released a trailer (link).

There's a good few things that they are planning on doing that I'm liking the sound of. Changing the traditional MMO combat system of standing opposite eachother, while trying to outdamage/outlast the other person, to one where it relies on tactics and controlling the battlefield is something that if done right would be great for an MMO. The fact that you can actually level with a non-combat scientist/archaeologist character will be interesting too. Plus it's Stargate.

All in all I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

When are people going to realise that Stargate Franchise does not automatically equal good?

That said, its still too early to decide either way, I think... but that trailer is crap :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The trailer is meh all right but time will tell I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ivan wrote: »
    That said, its still too early to decide either way, I think... but that trailer is crap :p
    Yeah, the CGI isn't the greatest you've ever seen (especially since they stuck the OTT voiceover on top), but thankfully the actual screenshots look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Yea i wasnt really too impressed when i saw the trailer. After all there arent any in game screenshots of the game. Its just a CGI promo.

That said tho I had a little google on the web about the game itself. And if it can live up to half of what its promising it looks like its going to be one kick a$$ game.

The official site is here:
    http://www.stargateworlds.com/

It hasnt really been updated yet but what i found browsing the SGW forms
    http://forums.stargateworlds.com/

Was the SGW's Wiki which has allot of really cool info. Nothing's official yet but its a very good place to start looking Seemingly its an official wiki not a fan made one and while fair enough the game is still in the early stages of dev and the stuff up here might change its a good place to get some sort of info on the game.

http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

'AL wrote:
    [EN;54817265']Was the SGW's Wiki which has allot of really cool info. Nothing's official yet but its a very good place to start looking Seemingly its an official wiki not a fan made one and while fair enough the game is still in the early stages of dev and the stuff up here might change its a good place to get some sort of info on the game.

http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
    It is actually fan made, but it's been given the 'thumbs up' as it were from the official side of things, a bit like the IRC network and Sg1-radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 jodome

Looking forward to Stargate Worlds if only for a change from World of Borecraft.

Its still pretty early days so hard to say what it will eventually look like. Still, I expect it wil be diverting enough. They've got a good story to build on and although the company developing it are not world-renowned for MMORPGs, they have got a good deal of experience developing games under their belt. Will be interesting to see how they propose to release SGW (unfortunate that their name is going to be confused with SWG continually!).

Advertisement