Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect 2 computers 2gether (Laptop desktop)

Options
  • 05-01-2008 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Hi i have 2 computers connected togehter via a wireless home network. I download movies etc on 1 pc (Laptop) and store and view on another. I currently transfer via the home network but this seems very slow way of doing it? Is it the best way or is there another option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭odie2020

Howdy,

You can use a cross over cable (normally yellow and looks the same as a standard network cable) and connect the two machine directly,
    Or
    Update your network to N,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Update my network to N? What does that mean, not being to stupid i hope?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's a type of wifi. You are probably using the g standard right now. The n standard offers much better speeds than g.

Advertisement