Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hypotethical murder thing?

Options
  • 05-01-2008 6:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

So, lets say since the day you were old enough to understand such things, you knew that if you thought a persons name and the word.....ehhhh....scamblogey, immediately after it, then that person (whos name you thought followed by the special word) would drop dead, from no apparent reason, or a reason that could never be blamed on you (thier brain turned into a blue mandolin, or mandarin, either one, for example) do you think you would have used it by now, or do you think you would end up using it at some point.

Back to (kinda) reality, if you had the power to kill someone, with out ever anyone knowing or being willing to accuse you of it, would you have or do you think you would use it?

Murder someone, no repurcusions? 60 votes

I would have probably done it already.
    0% 0 votes
    I wouldn't have done it but I expect i will have eventually.
    41% 25 votes
    I'd never do it, it's not about getting caught.
    10% 6 votes
    Seriously get some fukking sleep. Commodore Panther.
    48% 29 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Go watch Death Note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Overheal wrote: »
    Go watch Death Note.
    Quoted for truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

definitely. except id voted on that before id even read the 'think their name and a word' (ever read lullaby by chuck paluhniuk btw, same basic principle), i was thinking of a nice pretty knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Never seen death note, or read lullaby by chuck norris, but I think i'm gonna, pretty much the same plot in each and both relating to this thread? I presume so, or otherwise why would youse have brought them up, sound good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

slipss scamblogey...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ive already done it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cellulite_sally

I Would, however a few things have to be taken into context first.

A: I would NEVER kill someone just cause they were obnoxious towards me or overly annoyed me. You can avoid that person taking his/her life is not the moral thing to do..

However, ***** like ian huntley and child molesters and bastards alike would be dropping like flies.

I'd like to think I'd take the "DEXTER" approach.

Death Note is an anime series about a notebook - if you write someone's name into this notebook (you have to know their face or something specific about them so you cant massacre every John Smith in one line) They die of a heart attack in less than one minute after writing their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Surely we all would have done this just by thinking about doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I remember seeing a quote before:

"The true character of a man can be judged by what they know they'd do if they'd never get caught"

I don't personally believe there is any such thing as a truly good person, just a load of evil people with varying fears of the reprecussions of their actions.

How is having the power to kill someone with your mind any different to the person who kills with a knife and believes they will never get caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Nice psychopathic thread. My answer is simple. NEVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

My answer is simple ALL THE TIME ( Mary Harney , Teachers , Cops , Mary Harney ,Non Smokers , Liverpool Fans, Mary Harney ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    My answer is simple ALL THE TIME ( Mary Harney , Teachers , Cops , Mary Harney ,Non Smokers , Liverpool Fans, Mary Harney ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC )

Cops? You a member of the underworld?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Death note was pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I don't personally believe there is any such thing as a truly good person, just a load of evil people with varying fears of the reprecussions of their actions..
    I sympathize with you.

I'd like to say "never" but then again...
    ROCKMAN wrote:
    Mary Harney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

don't think i could actually kill someone.

I'd get more pleasure by beating them to within an inch of their life. Let them get better then beat them again till they got the message.

If it was a nice gratifying sniper rifle then yea I'd be a political assassin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

ROCKMAN wrote: »

ahh come on now, they've suffered enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

there is a great hitchcock film about murder(arent they all) called rope.whole thing set in an apartment.watch it .it shows the thrill and disgust in murdering someone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It'd be a good way to get rid of the queue at tesco. What would happen if there was more the one person with the same name? Would they all die?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

It'd be a good way to get rid of the queue at tesco. What would happen if there was more the one person with the same name? Would they all die?
    To add to that, what about the spelling?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Einstein wrote: »
    don't think i could actually kill someone.

I'd get more pleasure by beating them to within an inch of their life. Let them get better then beat them again till they got the message.

Yeah, but wearing a mask so they didn't know it was u.....

.....runs off to find a balaclava, plank of wood and list of enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Found it very very hard not to vote for 'commodore panther' kudos.

Advertisement