Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 game of the Year

Options
  • 04-01-2008 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

PS3 game of the Year? 16 votes

Ratchet & Clank: Future Tools of Destruction
    0% 0 votes
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    18% 3 votes
    Warhawk
    75% 12 votes
    Assassin's Creed
    6% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Where is COD4 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

wasnt nominated

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm finding it hard to choose which ones I enjoy the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Its a toughie between Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

COD4's multipplayer is excellent... who made these nominations?

I voted ratchet and clank, great game.

• Advertisement

there was public nominations up for most of december...you didnt nominate then tough its your loss. Any user could have nominated a game as long as it fulfilled the regulation of having a european release in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Think it should've been ps3 titles only.

meh, ps3 doesnt have that many good exclusive titles atm (and COD4 is better then most of them) though i get the feeling Uncharted will walk away with this even if COD4 was on the list, it is pretty much the ps3s killer app atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yep, Uncharted is simply a far better game than CoD4. As is Ratchet & Clank for that matter, though it depends what genres you prefer I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Has to be a shoe in for Uncharted. CoD4 was a 360 game for me but might have pipped Drakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    wasnt nominated

that is BS. honestly it is how is assassins creed better than cod4. this thread

is just stupid without it

:cool::cool::cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can only blame yourself for not nominating it.

yeah like my one vote would have mattered. whoever put forward them

nominations never picked up a sixaxis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

blay1 wrote: »
    that is BS. honestly it is how is assassins creed better than cod4. this thread

is just stupid without it

Every ****ing year!!!:p
    YOU had well over a month to nominate it. If it hasn't appeared here, then there's nobody to blame but yourself.
    It would have only taken one nomination in order for it to appear on this poll. Nobody bothered nominating it, so it wasn't included.

tman wrote: »
    It would have only taken one nomination in order for it to appear on this poll.

not one person nominated it? now i know this thread is BS.

and for your information i only just found this forum so its not my fault its not

on the list :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've also posted twice on the main games forum to raise awareness of the game awards.

I don't believe in adding options to the polls after they've been open for a while, so I'm afraid COD4 is going to have to miss out on the PS3 award this year. You can still vote for it in game of the year, FPS of the year and 360 game of the year if you so desire...
    You can even vote the fabulously moustached Captain Price for character of the year if you want:p

tman wrote: »
    I've also posted twice on the main games forum to raise awareness of the game awards.

I don't believe in adding options to the polls after they've been open for a while, so I'm afraid COD4 is going to have to miss out on the PS3 award this year. You can still vote for it in game of the year, FPS of the year and 360 game of the year if you so desire...
    You can even vote the fabulously moustached Captain Price for character of the year if you want:p

yeah i can understand why

Every ****ing year!!!

Every year??

Didnt happen with me last year. :D

To blay1: In a purely logical thinking terms, I would assume that:

a) the lower customer base
    b) The higher attachment rate COD4 had with the 360 over the other two formats
    c) there are people with the same thinking as AnCapaillMor who assume only exclusives should be nominated

Would affect the chances of someone big into COD4 nominating it on the PS3 thread, there was no doubt it would show up for fps and game of the year, and on the 360 front, well Call of Duty has had a moe positive history with the microsoft machine then with Sony (Call of Duty 2 was launch title)

The only reason Assassins Creed is there is because one person nominated it, the chances for a game that was a highly publicized 3rd party release that was originally gonna be a sony exclusive and had a solid attachment (higher then the 360 I believe) rate to the sony machine meant that chances are one person who liked it would have walked in and nominated it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement