Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Story of the Year

Options
  • 04-01-2008 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Story of the Year? 44 votes

Bioshock
    0% 0 votes
    Half-Life 2 Episode 2
    50% 22 votes
    Call of Duty 4
    11% 5 votes
    Mass Effect
    13% 6 votes
    Rogue Galaxy
    11% 5 votes
    Heavenly Sword
    2% 1 vote
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    2% 1 vote
    Command & Conquer 3
    9% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

only playing through uncharted now, and while it's good, it's nowhere near as interesting or demented as bioshock, which has booked itself a place in the "must replay" pile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd definitely agree there. Uncharted has a damn fine story, with some fantastic acting in the cutscenes. Bioshock and Mass Effect left more of a lasting impression on me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Call Of Duty 4 had a fantastic story, I think. It effected me more than the other games on the list. Not many games would shock me, but
    when the nuke goes off in and you actually play the last dying moments of the US soldier as the city crumbles, I couldn't believe that that had just happened. I honestly thought that I must of done something wrong and was trying to reload an earlier level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

humanji wrote: »
    Call Of Duty 4 had a fantastic story, I think. It effected me more than the other games on the list. Not many games would shock me, but
    when the nuke goes off in and you actually play the last dying moments of the US soldier as the city crumbles, I couldn't believe that that had just happened. I honestly thought that I must of done something wrong and was trying to reload an earlier level.

That bit was fantasticly well done.
    I sat there in a stunned silence expecting it to reload from the last checkpoint... That's just not something that you'd expect from a game featuring gung ho marine corp action...
    The opening sequence was brilliant as well. Think I'll be playing through it again very soon actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

A story set in dystopian society under the sea during the 1960s, where people driven mad by their own power spend their days hunting little girls?

It's not every day you play a game like that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement