Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third week ill

Options
  • 04-01-2008 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

What a load of bollox.

First it was a tummy upset, then gout for the Christmas.

Now I'm down with this cold/flu thats doing the rounds and I've a pain in the arse with the whole thing.

Anyone else the same?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mairt come on. You and Degsy portray yourselves as the boards tough fcukers. The muscle twins who are as hard as fcuk. Starting a thread complaining of a tummy wummy upset isn't going to help maintain that image. Flu's and colds are for big girls.

Last time Pighead complained of pain was that time back in 93 when he severed his main artery in a war accident. Tough times.

Good luck with your gout, sore tummy, flu and pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Ah but mairt is tough with a sensitive side, like arnie in kindergarten cop.

I've been a bit sniffly of late, was going to start a thread about it but beaten to the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Archeron

Gout? Really? I didn't think that was even real. I thought people just made that up to slag off people who drink too much brandy and eat too many chocolate caterpillars!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

humbert wrote: »

Maybe it's a tumor?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

pneumonia for 6 weeks, then a kidney infection and now a sinus/throat/ear infection. i'm in tatters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

humbert wrote: »

I've been a bit sniffly of late, was going to start a thread about it but beaten to the post!

maybe the tummy pains are because he is pregnant like arnie in Junior
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Mairt wrote: »
    What a load of bollox.

First it was a tummy upset, then gout for the Christmas.

Now I'm down with this cold/flu thats doing the rounds and I've a pain in the arse with the whole thing.

Anyone else the same?.
    Gout?
    Been hanging around with a certain Leixlip publican?

I'm into day five of this flu thing, but it's clearing up.
    The pains are gone, but the cough is still there. Not nearly as bad as it was though. I actually coughed so hard the other night, that I threw up the entire contents of my stomach (mostly water, because I couldn't eat).

Probably would have cleared quicker if I hadn't kept up my 40 a day cigarette habit.

Maybe it's a tumor?

It's not a tumor.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Could be worse mate. Katie French is in her 5th week of being dead with no immediate prospect of improvement, so hey, things could be worse right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Get a few whiskeys into you tonight and you will be grand!!

Your body is telling you to slow down a bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

I've had a cold for the last month that nothing seems to be able to get rid of :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you've a pain in the arse from the flu? Time for a second opinion mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Quality wrote: »
    Get a few whiskeys into you tonight and you will be grand!!

Your body is telling you to slow down a bit...

Hot whiskeys. Half whiskey have hot water. You get very warm, fall asleep and wake up tomorrow after sweating like a pig. You will than feel a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've had this cold/flu thingie since St Stephen's day. Started out as a slight cough, but got a little worse on New Year's Day. Took yesterday off work, took tonnes of drugs and spent muchos time in bed. Slight improvement today, came into work anyway because I couldn't spend any more time at home sitting on my arse.

Everyone's gotten because of a longish Chrimbo period - tonnes of late nights, drinking and short sleeps will destroy your immune system.

I plan to spend much of the weekend doing very little in the hope that I'll be rid by Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Hot whiskeys. Half whiskey have hot water. You get very warm, fall asleep and wake up tomorrow after sweating like a pig. You will than feel a lot better.

Is it no about one part whiskey to three parts hot water a spoon of brown sugar and cloves stuck in a slice of lemon

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Me has kidney infection! I'm in the worst pain of my life. But it's the first time I've been sick in about 12 years so it's all good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Wednesday I was blowing my nose every 5 minutes.
    Yesterday I was bed ridden. Sweating, shivering, aches in the back, dizzy, head felt 10 stone in weight. I thought it was the flu but I was able to watch telly and was out of bed by 11 last night. The flu usually lasts a few days and the last thing I'd want to do is watch TV.
    Didn't go back to bed til 4 this morning and I felt an ear ache coming on. I was getting asleep for 10 minute intervals. A horrible sleep. The ear ache got really bad but the pain killers are doing the job now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Well, be glad that its only something minor like the flu or gout. There are much worse things that you could be ill with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Have you got AIDS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Crikey, this thread could be contagious I'm outta here :eek:

Feel better everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

i too have developed the cold/thingymajig goin round...

i do chuckle when people say they have the flu tho..

but in fairness, it's the joy of the man cold innit :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Einstein wrote: »
    i do chuckle when people say they have the flu tho..
    Me too but at the same time it's impossible to get everyone to believe you when you actually have the flu. Especially your boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

go on the piss for 5 days you will not be able to eat or sleep, all you can do is DRINK after that your fine, hapenned me last week, i went visiting friends, got led astray kidnapped etc now im perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Archeron

Is this the right place for me to point out that two weeks before Christmas, everyone in my job were dying sick and dropping like flies? I decided that I shouldnt miss out on such a germ based holiday bonanza so decided to take two days off myself.
    I spent that time meeting friends and having a great old time. Which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Have had a cold since New Years Day (result of New Years Eve me thinks), been dieing with a head-ache, sore throat, blowing my nose every 10 mins, body all weak, basically in bits.:D Glad I got a new 32" for Christmas for my bedroom:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Had that nasty cold over christmas...couldn't eat anything without it coming back up:o still coughing a bit now but tis nearly over I hope!
    Hope you feel better soon all

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I have a chest infection for my sins (have stayed in only 3 nights since 21st Dec - knew that it would come back to haunt me).
    Thought I was going to cough up a lung yesterday it was so bad.
    Hoping it clears before Sunday morning because I have to get on a flight home then and don't want to be infecting everyone on the plane, or getting evil looks for spreading germs when I do cough :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mairt, you do realise boards is not your personal blog?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Maximilian wrote: »
    Could be worse mate. Katie French is in her 5th week of being dead with no immediate prospect of improvement, so hey, things could be worse right?
    lol that's awful, awfully good :)

I've been down with the flu since the 1st. Been sleeping about 16 hours a day since and now I'm starting to feel a bit more normal again. \o/ \o\ /o/

Still coughing up vileness though.

When youre a kid there's nothing better than prolonged illness as a means to skive off school and sleep all day. These days it doesn't matter how sick I am, I still have to work. RIght now a few hours sleep and a nice mug of tea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement