Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Day - bank holiday this year?

Options
  • 04-01-2008 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Please move if neccesary as I didn't have a clue where to post this..

Does anyone know what the craic is with this year's Paddy's Day? I heard on the radio this morning that it has been moved to March 15th because it can't be part of holy week. Does this mean we're being robbed of a day off work as the 15th is on a Saturday or is it completely false information?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

hot fuss wrote: »
    Please move if neccesary as I didn't have a clue where to post this..

Does anyone know what the craic is with this year's Paddy's Day? I heard on the radio this morning that it has been moved to March 15th because it can't be part of holy week. Does this mean we're being robbed of a day off work as the 15th is on a Saturday or is it completely false information?

The relgious part has been moved to the 15th as the 17th is Holy Monday/Easter Monday. However the parade and bank holiday and all normal festivities will reamin in the 17th as theese things are planned years in advance and it would cost to much an effect touris too much to move it.

So you will have the 17th as Bank Holiday, plus the following Monday(24th) as its the easter bank holiday weekend. I also get Good friday off so I will have a three day week followed by a four day week, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

The relgious part has been moved to the 15th as the 17th is Holy Monday/Easter Monday. However the parade and bank holiday and all normal festivities will reamin in the 17th as theese things are planned years in advance and it would cost to much an effect touris too much to move it.

So you will have the 17th as Bank Holiday, plus the following Monday(24th) as its the easter bank holiday weekend. I also get Good friday off so I will have a three day week followed by a four day week, happy days.

We get another day off aswell Easter week so will have a two day week followed by a four day week :D Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

That makes sense..

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Yay! More bed days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Jaaaybus...We are just back after Xmas and the New year and they are worrying about Paddies day already:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Jaaaybus...We are just back after Xmas and the New year and they are worrying about Paddies day already:mad::mad::mad:

Of course. We're workers.

/cue montage

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Myth wrote: »

/cue montage

Bah, am in work and youtube doesn't load. What is it?

Myth wrote: »

/cue montage

Hmmmrmph.... based on the Fora you mod I very much doubt it.

Do you get a grant for posting on boards???

Hmmmrmph.... based on the Fora you mod I very much doubt it.

Do you get a grant for posting on boards???

Yes. Here it is.

• Advertisement

Right ..very funny!!

How's about we get over one holiday period before worrying over the next??

Advertisement