Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No soap on a Sunday Night

Options
  • 04-01-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

ITV are removing the sunday night episode of Emmerdale and Corronation Street.

Unfortunately they will not be axing the episodes.

Double episode of Emmerdale will go out on a Tuesday Night and Corronation street will go out at 7:30 and 8:30 on Friday nights.

I thought this would be of interest to Soap fans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

You should all be at mass on a Sunday anyway.

I assume TV3 are adopting the new schedule also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

really? that sux.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

We still have Fair city on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I assume TV3 are adopting the new schedule also?

I am sure they will have a meeting about it! and then adopt the new schedule. I wonder what the scheduler in TV3 does exactly.

Maybe they will produce their own soap opera! Ha Ha Ha ROTFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

aw...man..
    I usually watch corrie on sunday nights at half 7 while getting ready.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

I usually miss it cos I'm already in the pub - but what about All Saints at 8pm on Friday nights if TV3 follow suit :(

All Saints could move to Sunday Nights @ 7. Or could go out at 9 on Friday Nights.

Just to mention that ITV have a new soap starting on Monday called The Royal Today (A new innovative programme by the sounds of the title.) Runs Monday to Friday each week.

A spin off to the 1960's set The Royal which is a spin off from Heartbeat.

Hollyoaks is gone from their line up, as has All Saints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

Elmo wrote: »
    I am sure they will have a meeting about it! and then adopt the new schedule. I wonder what the scheduler in TV3 does exactly. .

I dont understand TV3. I know that ratings are important etc. But it is just exactly the same as ITV. Apart from the news, Sports tonight & their morning shows, Does TV3 have anything that is irish produced and sifferent to ITV??

I dont understand TV3. I know that ratings are important etc. But it is just exactly the same as ITV. Apart from the news, Sports tonight & their morning shows, Does TV3 have anything that is irish produced and sifferent to ITV??

No not really, they have a few shows which are either sponsored heavily by a company i.e. The Overseas Property Show and their racing show which they spend very little on.

OR

They have a few new shows starting up which they produced with the help of the Licence Fee.

News, Expose and Ireland AM make up their required Irish hours of programming while Coronation St. and Emmers makes up their required hours of EU programming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

All Saints was never on UTV, it was on TV3, is it gone from TV3 completely:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CareBear99

Dancing on ice is going to be on sunday nights.... kind of annoying, it was good to watch on saturday nights getting ready to go out last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

I thought I read somewhere a couple of years ago that ITV have some sort of share in TV3? I just assumed that's why they always show the same thing

I thought I read somewhere a couple of years ago that ITV have some sort of share in TV3? I just assumed that's why they always show the same thing

In 2001 ITV bought a 45% share in TV3. In 2006 Canwest (TV3's other major shareholder) announced that it was selling it's 45% of TV3. ITV had the right to buy out this 45% plus the 10% own by the Irish shareholders. ITV did not take up this right and TV3 has since been sold to Doherty Hanson. Doherty Hanson now own about 90% of the station and gave 10% of the station to the management of the station.

TV3 was sold for around 250million euro. TV3 earns 60million in avertising revenue each year.

In 2007 TV3's CEO David McRedmond announced that they made a deal with ITV for ITV shows for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement