Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 250W Registration

Options
  • 04-01-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I just bought one of these after much consideration. The unit I got came with the 2008 version maps installed (I've read much debate on this topic here already)

MY question is that if I have the 08 maps is there any reason not to register it yet and still wait to the expected Feb date when the update is released in general?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

TBH my understanding is that if you had bought a unit with V9 maps then it may be worth your while holding off registering it so as to get the 2008 maps, but if the 2008 maps are already on it then I dont think there will be any update for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You could hold off registering until the 2009 update, but that'll be more than 13 months away! Registration doesn't add a whole pile of value to be honest.

Advertisement