Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Marquees

Options
  • 04-01-2008 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody ever organised or attended a wedding in a marquee?

Any advice, is it expensive, any recommendations.

I am trying to organise a wedding, and want to avoid the whole hotel function room feel.

any ideas would be appreciated.

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Was at at a wedding in Galway and it was set up in a marquee.Have to say that it went very well.It was set up near a harbour.So the setting was great for the occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I was at a wedding in a marquee about ten years ago. It was lovely and definitely didn't have the usual stuffy hotel function room feel to it. Just make sure you get enough portaloos and put down some sort of matting to make a pathway out to them. The muck in the stilettoes was the only negative I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

On the expense front, take into account the fact you will probably have to provide all drink free of charge and buy it in yourself, I'm not sure about whether it'd be possible to get a temporary licence for a provider to come in and set up a bar for your guests.
    Also - make sure you hire some portaloos if it's in a garden or whatnot, as there will be a queue for the loos all night if it's only a house bathroom that's on offer.

Then there's the usual renting of tables and chairs, crockery/cutlery/glasses, although some caterers provide this as an all in package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I had a marquee for my wedding a couple of years back and it was just brill. It was just right for the amount of people there for the sit down and for afters when we cleared some of the tables.

Even though the weather was real sh*te we didnt even notice.

There are other things to consider when using it or at least the location itself, ie toilets, heating & lighting, power, cooking faclities etc to name but a few.

Advertisement