Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Help

Options
  • 03-01-2008 2:20pm

I live in rented accomodation and am thinking about moving. Yet I need to give the carpet a good clean (minus any sexual innuendos, thanks). Basically it would be tea stains (I accidentally poured a full cup of tea on the ground, got most of it off). I would like to get most of my deposit back.

What are the best products to use to do so, or what methods can I use?

(I have no idea if this is the right forum, or where it should go, as I don't think there's a cleaning one?)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

There is a cleaning forum, its called The Ladies Lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

According to Barry Scott, Cillit Bang will either
    A. Clean the carpet perfectly, getting you your deposit back, or
    B. Dissolve the carpet leaving a bare floor, at which point you can deny knowledge of the carpet having ever even been there to begin with.

BANG and the dirt is gone. One way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

KamiKazi wrote: »

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Oxyclean is pretty good.

Ruu wrote: »
    Oxyclean is pretty good.

Cool. I might check it out.

Also, has some messed with the space-time continuum or is Ruu really posting from the future?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

KamiKazi wrote: »

:D

Ring a couple of the hardware stores and you can rent out a carpet cleaner pretty cheaply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Make sure you don't clean it to good, the last thing you want to end up with is a carpet with one very clean spot in the middle of all the everyday grubbyness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Just put a fooking chair or coffee table over the stain ffs.

Feck that cleaning lark tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sam Hire rent out carpet cleaners, they work a treat, there's always tea and coffee stains on my carpet!

Or go down to tescos and buy a bottle of carpet cleaner with a brush on the top. Depends how bad the stain is.

Does cilit bang clean carpets???? I wouldnt chance it, seems a bit too potent!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Vanish do a couple of carpet and upholstery cleaning products, but be sure to spread the "cleaning area" out a little further than just the tea stain(taper it out as you go) as you'll end up with as Kazobel said a lovely clean spot, highlighting just how filthy and unhygenic the rest of the carpet is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

You could also pour tea over the rest of the carpet until its all the same colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Archeron wrote: »
    You could also pour tea over the rest of the carpet until its all the same colour.

I like your thinking and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Oxyclean is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Also, has some messed with the space-time continuum or is Ruu really posting from the future?

sorry, the injector went a bit haywire and flooded the microwave with thiotimoline. for a second there it looked like time and space was going to implode but it sorted itself out in the end.

poor hamster though....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Vanish is ok if you have a reasonable stain to get out - the can of carpet and upholstry spray is better than the trigger bottle, from experience. Isn't there a 1001 stain remover cleaner thing too? (Yellow bottle, blue label, I think.) They used to use it where I used to work at one stage - student accommodation! If it's really bad, just hire a carpet cleaner, or get someone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

A scrubbing brush, washing powder and warm water and some elbow grease and your laughing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8CTscW3dpI

Doesn't get rid of stains but your room will smell so good that no one will care.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Some petrol and a match will do the job.

Advertisement