Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrath of the Lich King

Options
  • 03-01-2008 11:05am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, what would you all like to see implemented in WotLK? Any specific features, storylines, characters, instances? I havent read up alot about it yet, so some of these may already be implemented. Personally, i'd like to see...

1. Blizz implement a way of progressing, that doesnt involve as much grinding. I know it wont happen, but they rely on grinding for everything. Rep, Exp, PvP etc...
    2. Some more PvP objectives. I know that they are implementing some new PvP zones (where your PvP enabled at all times....wow, that will make alot of difference on a PvP server...).
    3. I really dont like the idea of the Death Night. I like the idea of hero classes, but having any race, and any class do the death night quest, only to have to create a new character that is a death night, seems idiotic too me. There will be an insane amount of them running around.
    4. Give the old world some loving...maybe implement flying mounts there?

p.s. Yes, i'm once again bored in work, so i create useless threads to keep me entertained...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

flying mounts in kalimdor and azeroth would be sweet but there would be waaaaay to much ganking goin on towards lowbies on pvp realms. i can picture it now! yeh there will be a few new instances, i quite like the diea of the death knight. my main is a warr and i think the idea of having a plate wearing tank class that can also use magic is awsome, might see a few tankadins respec!

whens it out anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

copeyhagen wrote: »
    whens it out anyway?

No official date, just speculation.
    Personally id say may/june.

I already like the sound of the improvements, in particular the overhaul/balance of each class.
    Deathknight? I like the sounds of it, but they should just make it a new class that starts at level 1 as opposed to what they are doing (Do a straightforward solo questline and a lv 55 deathknight appears in your character selection).
    I would like it if they would put a second hero class in there though

I do like the idea of flying mounts in azeroth but as you say, gankage would be through the roof. But they should implement something to stop 70's from ganking level >10, not that it would really solve the problem much.

I too would like to see more pvp quests, perhaps even pvp raids? Like taking down the leader of a town/city, that would be really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

flying mounts in kalimdor and azeroth would be sweet but there would be waaaaay to much ganking goin on towards lowbies on pvp realms. i can picture it now! yeh there will be a few new instances, i quite like the diea of the death knight. my main is a warr and i think the idea of having a plate wearing tank class that can also use magic is awsome, might see a few tankadins respec!

whens it out anyway?

Didnt the devs say that to implment flying mounts in the original landmass they would have to redesign the original games zones and it was to big a job to invest in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Venom wrote: »
    Didnt the devs say that to implment flying mounts in the original landmass they would have to redesign the original games zones and it was to big a job to invest in.
    Yes they did and no its never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

It would be so difficult to implement flying in azeroth if you think about it. How would they sort out hyjal and all the other closed zones plus all the mountainous areas like stv, one would be able to fly into zg for instance. They would have to put invisible walls up all over the place. Wouldn't be worth it imo.

What you say about giving love to zeroth i would agree a lot with. I would love to see them adding some more lowbie instances and a bunch of new quests. I would also like to see them adding content that requires mass effort, not unlike what they did for the opening of aq. I really liked that kind of stuff.

Whats the deal with MC and BWL? Are they going to get buffed up like Naxx is going to? Would like to see them getting a nice buff too.

• Advertisement

No, MC and BWL are not being buffed up, like Naxxramas is going to be and trust me, that is a bloody good thing :p

Ivan wrote: »
    trust me, that is a bloody good thing :p

You're probably right when it comes to MC, but I'd love to see BWL getting buffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Any of the talk I have seen on the Death knights seem to be over estimating them a bit, People thinking that they gonna be ownage and all that. I can imagine them being a bit of a disappointment. Would love to see them putting in some effort into PVP. More incentives to say attack a town or city, even on PVE servers. Hopefully they also pay some attention to the current level 70 dungeons and raids that they don't just get abandoned like the level 60 ones are now.

Well, in theory at least, any class that compares to druids in that they can dps and tank effectively; more so when they can do it all in the one form. On top of this they wont be using mana and will probably, at the very least, have offensive spells if not defensive/healing ones too... and you end up with an incredibly powerful class.

That said, on paper, the paladin is a much too powerful class in practice however...

I think your point about Paladins is a very valid one. I think they will be a very versatile and useful class but don't think they will be any more powerful than a Paladin. It would mess up the dynamics of the game if one class was much more powerful.
    One major thing that I'm looking forward to with Death knights that isn't quite obvious is the effect of having another class that can tank, hopefully it might do something towards the what seems like constant lack of tanks.

• Advertisement

I think death knights will better than paladins in all the ways that matters.

They've pretty much stated equivocably that death knights will not be healers but instead will be a rogue like dps class with the ability to tank, possibly tanking with a 2-handed weapon.

Add to this some of the raise dead skills we've see and I think you are looking at some sort of funky 2-handed dps warrior/rogue/warlock hybrid which has face-melting written all over it.

I dont think there is much issue with good tanks these days, but I do think on the whole ,there is a fairly big issue with good high level raiders. Its next to impossible to keep all of your members to the end of the game (i.e. killing Illidan) which means you are forced into replacing members. However, with a system whereby you need to clear Serpentshrine Caverns and The Eye just to attune people to Hyjal or the Black Temple, means that on average, a well progressed guild is still forced to go back and do SSC and TK once or twice a month which only serves to frustrate the guild some more and cause even more members to quit. Its a self-defeating cycle and is a constant worry.

Something Blizzard really needs to fix imho.

thats a great idea i would love to see more pvp quests like as mentioned raiding towns and things like that.. something new with regards to pvp. sick of farming av for my 70 warr pvp gear!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't like the idea of raising the cap to 80. Sick of grinding levels. Too time consuming. Just add more content. Maybe level cap to 75 at most.

The problem is, without a level cap increase ( that is, at least a significantly high enough one), people will generally ignore alot of the new content as leveling through the areas forces them to experience it.

Also, I know for me at least, I'd prefer 10 levels worth of new spellls and abilities compared to 5 levels worth especially if I'm to fork out 30 quid for it :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Im delighted to see cap being raised to 80 however I would love to see more leveling zones added for levels 20 to 70 with another Horde and Alliance city added rather than a mixed one like Strat in Outlands. I would especially love more leveling zones for 60 to 70 that doesnt involve going to outlands every time, apart from Nagrand and Hellfire Peninsula I wasnt really a fan of the Burning Crusade Outlands zones. Some new 60+ zones in Azeroth and Kalimdor would be great. I would love to see new mounts added for the 40+, 60+ and 70+ levels both land based and flying.

I would love to see the removal of the 'Soulbound' feature, I find it really annoying. I want the new areas in the Lich king to blend in together more than they did in Burning Cruisade, The zones in Burning crusade all looked so different to each other resulting in an instant and contrasting change in landscape and colour from one zone to the next, the zones in the original part of Warcraft werent as harsh as this and blended in easier. Ghostlands and Silvermoon were great additons to the BC tho, both areas felt very magical and looked far better than the stuff in outlands imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

A new super mount that can fly/run and go underwater would be really cool I think. An aqua-drake lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

I want them to add a New Paladin trainer called Athene. As you level up he'll give you tips for free. You can learn new skills. He'll tell you how he became the best paladin in the world.

Your either a pro or a noob. Thats life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I have this errie feeling that there will be no flying mounts in Northrend. Maybe Ill be wrong, but I just think your flying mount will be a Outland thing only, making the epic flying a waste of time. IMO, 5000gold is still too much.

I would like to see a new race on both sides, but we all know that will almost 100% not be happening. Im really looking forward to Death Knight. A tank with a 2-handed Rune Sword... THANK YOU! Imagine what the Teir armor at lvl 80 will be like for them. Cos they wont have a shield they will have insane armor.

Thing Im looking forward to the most is lvl 80 PVP/teir armor sets.

Im looking forward to WotLK alot...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Hanza wrote: »
    I have this errie feeling that there will be no flying mounts in Northrend. Maybe Ill be wrong, but I just think your flying mount will be a Outland thing only, making the epic flying a waste of time. IMO, 5000gold is still too much....

They have already said flying mounts wont be useable at first, however when you reach level 80 you can then use them.. Which i dont mind really, stops people from just skipping over the content, but how are they gonna implement it ?

Omgz liek I want blizzard to get rid of the global cooldown plx...
    Honestly some of the things in this thread are bordering on ridiculous :)

And players will be able to use their flying mounts at 78 in Northrend.

• Advertisement

ha they could never remove the soulbound feature! would be class though, imagine being able to change ur blues epics greens whatever every few levels and selling them on to lower level players...that, would be quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

ha they could never remove the soulbound feature!

Oh dont be so sure.

In time from now, when Conan and WAR and maybe another MMO, are released, you will be suprised what Developers will do to change a game in order to keep players.

Example, Ultima Online.

Compare old and new and it's too completely different games but cosmeticaly identical.

KoKane wrote: »
    Oh dont be so sure.

In time from now, when Conan and WAR and maybe another MMO, are released, you will be suprised what Developers will do to change a game in order to keep players.

Example, Ultima Online.

Compare old and new and it's too completely different games but cosmeticaly identical.
    This thread is about Wrath of the Lich King not a time years into the future.
    Its not realistic for Blizzard to do anything like abolishing soulbound items it would be a game breaker. You could just go and buy gold from a gold seller and buy your tier 6.

I know what the thread is about, and I replied to what you just repeated.

Dont be so sure, a game can change incredibley when the pressure is on.

I know what the thread is about, and I replied to what you just repeated.

Dont be so sure, a game can change incredibley when the pressure is on.

Well whats the point in bringing something up which may or may not happen in 5 or 6 years which has no relevance whatsoever to the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

lol
    welcome to forums

lol
    welcome to forums

Great insult there, well done :rolleyes:

Advertisement