Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys/Pc World Profits/Sales down

Options
  • 03-01-2008 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Just saw on the business news that Currys & PC World have had a terrible last quarter in sales. This put a big smile on my face! Was trying to buy a small LCD TV for the kitchen in december, Looked for their websites and as per usual "New website coming soon". Looked on the UK equivalent sites and they dont have the same deals/stock here in Ireland.

Went into both currys after xmas and not one salesman had anytime for me telling me every tv i wanted was out of stock and was suggesting a bigger tv would be a better option! Then went to PC World, I saw a tv i wanted (samsung 19" LCD). A sales man was installing one for display, I asked about it he told me he was busy, I then picked up the price tag off the floor to have a look at the specs/price and he snatched it out of my hands telling me not to look. I was so mad i said to him, "Do you have any interest in selling me that tv?, He said NO! Shall i just go else where then? He said yes"

So mad, cant seem to find anywhere to complain to via email. Sent an email to the UK division, not sure if it will do any good.

Why oh why in this day in age do they not have websites? Pc world briefly had an Irish website, but Currys never had!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

snaps wrote: »
    Just saw on the business news that Currys & PC World have had a terrible last quarter in sales. This put a big smile on my face! Was trying to buy a small LCD TV for the kitchen in december, Looked for their websites and as per usual "New website coming soon". Looked on the UK equivalent sites and they dont have the same deals/stock here in Ireland.

Went into both currys after xmas and not one salesman had anytime for me telling me every tv i wanted was out of stock and was suggesting a bigger tv would be a better option! Then went to PC World, I saw a tv i wanted (samsung 19" LCD). A sales man was installing one for display, I asked about it he told me he was busy, I then picked up the price tag off the floor to have a look at the specs/price and he snatched it out of my hands telling me not to look. I was so mad i said to him, "Do you have any interest in selling me that tv?, He said NO! Shall i just go else where then? He said yes"

So mad, cant seem to find anywhere to complain to via email. Sent an email to the UK division, not sure if it will do any good.

Why oh why in this day in age do they not have websites? Pc world briefly had an Irish website, but Currys never had!

Well if someone spoke and acted that way towards me in a shop i'd be looking for the manager straight away and i'd also be making a bit of a scene, whatever happened to the customer being right ? Was actually thinking of getting an lcd screen for my computer and was thinking of looking in these shops to see what's out there but i won't be now !!

Oh and here's the pcworld irish website, kinda says it all really !

http://www.pcworld.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Was in there today looking to buy a 32" bravia LCD their price was €879 and I asked them to price match power city at €810
    the sales guy wasn't having any of it and started ranting about a great deal they had last week on a 47" plasma:rolleyes: and going on that currys was great value.
    Ended up getting the same set in DID 30 minutes later, they not only price matched power city's €810 but gave it to me for €799, plus the sales guy seemed to know his product well, something which is a rarity these days.

Advertisement