Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small problem with Firefox

Options
  • 03-01-2008 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,924 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but if not please feel free to move it along.

My browser is Mozilla Firefox version 2.0.0.11. Since a couple of weeks when I click on a link in an email I get 2 browser windows that open - one is the google home page and the other window appears up on the top left of the screen in the most minute format and when I click to enlarge it just ends up as a blank white window.

If I click on the link again it will work the second time round but I still get the 2 separate windows. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Another small problem is that sometimes the links in certain emails dont work. When i click on it I get a message saying the link is invalid or does not exist. Both problems are just a bit annoying.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Gorilla

• Registered Users Posts: 45,924 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gorilla wrote: »
    That appears to be it alright. The only problem now is that I wouldnt be confident enough to start editing the registry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Make sure system restore is turned on , then make it create a restore point straight away , then edit the registry to your hearts content , knowing that if you do mess up , restore will bail you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,924 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mathias wrote: »
    Make sure system restore is turned on , then make it create a restore point straight away , then edit the registry to your hearts content , knowing that if you do mess up , restore will bail you out.
    Thanks for the reply mathias. Im far from being a techie but I know a wee bit about the system restore in that it will reset the PC back to a pre-defined time. But how do you access it or is is set to run automatically?

Advertisement