Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inserting writing on a Word Document line?

Options
  • 02-01-2008 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi, i'll try explain this as best as possible.

I have a word document, its an application form. Now i could just print it off and fill in the form using handwriting. But i'd like to use the computer to fill it out and make it look better.

Its a standard application form with name, address, etc......

Now if i click on the section for name and begin to type it moves the line forward. Is there some way i can type what i want onto the line without upsetting the layout of the form?

Sorry if i didn't explain what i mean that well but maybe someone might understand what i mean and offer advice? Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Press the Insert key, and see if that helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dugout16

No that doesn't work......

OK ... what version of word are you running?

Is this form sensitive in any way, or can you tell us what it is?

You may need to check if the form is locked, by clicking on the Forms toolbar, and looking for a padlock symbol.

When i say lines maybe i'd be better saying under scores would i?

No its not locked in any way, just a normal word document. i could change any words on it if i wanted. maybe its not possible to get words over the "lines" as really they would both be on the same line of the document. the only way maybe would be to type what i want then highlight it and underline it to make it fit it

Sounds like it's not a word form (with protected text boxes).

If it's just a word doc, try pressing Insert (for overwrite mode) and CTRL-U (for underline) and type away. Should work. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

dugout16 wrote: »
    No that doesn't work......

It should work. I've done it numerous times.

When you say it doesn't work, what exactly does it do?

In what way does it not work?

The line just moves on ahead of the letters and down onto the next line. i don't think its possible to put the words over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Just delete the extra lines that are 'pushed' in front of the test you entered, eg, type your text, then press the delete key until the line comes back to where it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

dugout16 wrote: »
    The line just moves on ahead of the letters and down onto the next line. i don't think its possible to put the words over the line

The other alternative is to hit Insert again - you will go into Overtype mode. I think that is what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

forget about the line u have until u have all the txt written in....then just underline it

• Advertisement
Advertisement