Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 40N87 v LG 42LY95

Options
  • 02-01-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Been looking at both models on google, AVForums etc before going to look at them instore but i'm still stuck on which one to go for

LG
    • 42"
    • 1080p/24p (but i've heard theres firmware probs)
    • 5000:1 CR (blacks are dodge, but supposedly better colours than the samsung)
    • 100% Wide Colour Gamut
    • 8ms response time

Samsung
    • 40"
    • Sleekier Design
    • Samsung Brand
    • 10000:1 CR
    • reported 1080p/24p but again, problems

AVForums seem to hate LG's but anyone i know who's got one is delighted with them

My question is which one is going to display both SKY SD and Sky HD, Xbox360 and HD-DVD & Blu-Ray the best?

Cheers for your help folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I have the samsung m87 which is the same as the n87 but with a slightly different exterior case. I am very happy with it, use it for a media centre PC, xbox 360, and to watch standard definition NTL cable TV. go for it, you won't be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Arciphel wrote: »
    I have the samsung m87 which is the same as the n87 but with a slightly different exterior case..

Apparently the N87 does not have the same panel as the M87/86.

Hence the difference in quoted dynamic contrast ratio.

Advertisement