Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryans Latest Excuse For Failure , the OECD ignores 'Sex'

Options
  • 02-01-2008 7:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Ryan has added yet more drivel to his standard answer to dail questions.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/Xml/30/DAL20071115A.PDF

page 2 of 60
    It might be noted that the
    OECD assessment understates Ireland’s competitive
    position as regards broadband access due to
    the larger size of households in Ireland

"It might be noted" indeed Eamonn, as an alternative to your ever doing anything useful about matters .

However as RURAL families are a tad larger than urban its irrelevant as they still have no BB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Doesn't larger households make it worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

watty wrote: »
    Doesn't larger households make it worse?
    If my own logic serves me rightly, it does!! What a foolish man. That means that if it was based on population, we are even further behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Ryan was on the last word yesterday and according to him the future is 3G mobile "broadband" - basically due to Irelands one off housing outside cities, dsl is not practical for them etc.

(My Gf's father lives way out in the countryside in Germany and has dsl from DT, however you'd swear from ryan no-one lives outside a town on the continent)

Also for the thickies he explained about NGN - "technical jargon" you see

Backhaul is like the motorway and your phone line is like a regional road. Thanks Eamon - the countries in good hands.

It was utter drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

(My Gf's father lives way out in the countryside in Germany and has dsl from DT, however you'd swear from ryan no-one lives outside a town on the continent)

I'm just back from Switzerland where they have these rather large mountains,over 3000 meters and amazingly even villages at the top of mountains (over 1500mtrs) have DSL.
    This includes "ribbon development" around these villages.

So much for the mountainous and difficult terrain excuse usually rolled out here

Advertisement