Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 32" , need help finding

Options
  • 02-01-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

I was looking for a hdtv, with lots of input for about 700euro and then I came across this on dixions website
    http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=739566&camp_id=HDTVTest

just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy this tv on the high street, somewhere in Cork or Limerick preferably.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

PowerCity have the R82 if thats any good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I know that currys and dixons(both stores in Cork) have the R88 for 799 euro.Note that the R88 is identical technically to the R87(just styling differences). This is a pretty good price for that set if you dont mind shopping online

http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Samsung_32_inch_HD_Ready_LCD_TV_LE32R87BDX/version-1.asp

The shipping is another 40 pounds but the exchange rate is excellent at the moment so that works out at only 690 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

Got the R8 in soundstore for 765e today . Great machine but cant get the PIP to work ! any ideas people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

I have an R84 (European version of the 87/88)

PIP only works when your main screen is one of the 3 HDMI inputs. Also, PIP will only feed one of the scart inputs, i.e EXT 1 or EXT2.

Thus, if you have your pc/ps3/360 connected via hdmi, and Sky/Ntl digital connected via scart, you can watch the digital tv on pip whilst using your pc, but not the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

iceax wrote: »
    Got the R8 in soundstore for 765e today . Great machine but cant get the PIP to work ! any ideas people.

ok many thanks .. i'll try that , i want to watch a security camera at the same time as the tv analogue / sky rgb . so i have to change things around then. the table in the manual shows that i could so without hdmi conection . the thinking cap on once again .. many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

can, ye tell me where currys and dixions are in Cork ?
    and is the tv worth 799, Im getting it for my ps3, and soon to be purchased sky hd box..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Dixons are in the ballincollig shopping centre, currys are in a retail park across the road from mahon point shopping centre.Samsung tvs are known to be good for gaming and hi definition.Apparently there not so good for standard definition television.If i were you i'd splash out another 50Euro and get a Sony Bravia 32S3000.Saw them today for 850 in sounstore on oliver plunkett street.Sony's are much better for standard definition and as good for Hi-Def.Sony build quality would also be better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Bought the R88 in Powercity for €769 last week. the price was €888 less 10% but when i pointed out that DID were selling it for €779 they cut it to €769

Great TV BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    PowerCity have the R82 if thats any good

Harvey Norman have it as well, and cheaper. Got mine yesterday, just thrilled with it. If only I could get the remote to work with everything else, I'd be a very happy person.

Off to Lidl tomorrow to try out their universal remote.

how much are they in harvey normans, and 769, Il probably go with that if I cant get it cheaper anywhere else

• Advertisement

I paid 749 for mine, it's the R82 but I don't know what the difference is.

what are the inputs in it,
    I need at least 2 hdmi, 2 scart, composite and a red,yellow,white??

looks almost identical to the other one..
    3hdmi, ill probably go for this one, I should be going to get a tv on sunday,
    so unless anyone has any other info im sold

Advertisement