Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Vision:M problem

Options
  • 02-01-2008 8:33am

I have a Creative Vision: M and... Long story short, damaged the headphone socket.

On the top of the socket is a small circular piece of plastic that holds the jack off the headphones in place. However, I was taking my headphones out of the player and half of this circular piece of plastic broke off (I actually fell a while back and had the Vision in my pocket, when i fell the headphone jack turned, obviously, and i believe that is what caused it to break).

So now the headphone jack moves when im walking around. This results in my music dipping in sound, coming in and out of silence, breaking up, etc. and if i put enough pressure on the jack and press it in one direction, the player will either pause my music or turn off altogether.

(I've also lost radio, but i don't care about that)

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to do.

I don't want to buy a new player, because I spent too long putting music onto this one, so I was wondering what i should do. Obviously "Contact Creative" is the answer I'm going to get, so can anyone supply me with the correct phone number to ring or e-mail address to get in touch with?

It's only a small piece of plastic, so I should hope it won't be too expensive.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

On a completely different note, could anyone clarify for me, about Bluetooth headphones, are you able to use bluetooth headphones when walking around? I know they have a small reciver-type box with them, but can I put that in my pocket and go for a walk with my headphones on, or does the 'reciever' box have to be able to connect with the physical headphones via laser or something?

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaCorkGeezer

Hi,

I have a ZVM too. I had a look at my headphones socket to better understand the issue. The bit of plastic that protrudes is actually the jack connector itself, but you had figured that out already since you have trouble with it.

Nothing much to do here I'm afraid :( I don't even know if you could have it fixed by a third party or not...unless you have a tech-savvy friend who could have alook for you, or as a last resort try to open it yourself, find an already broken ZVM and solder the good jack to your player...Can't come up with anything else here, sorry :confused:

As for the Bluetooth, dunno. I rely on a tried and tried pair of wired Shure e2C, which bring me great comfort and quality :)

Keep us posted.

Cheers for the reply DaCorkGeezer.

I've contacted Creative and they said that if i send it to them they'll send me back a 'refurbished' Vision:M... for €130.

So I'm not gonna bother. I'll just buy a new one.

In the process of looking for a new one though I've decided that I need a new phone too (my current one is about 3 years old. Its not in that bad of shape really, but i wouldn't mind updating it).

So i;m going to see if i can find a phone that can play MP3, has decent memory and is simple to navigate. I doubt I'll find one but I'll look :)

Thanks for the help again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Will the TV Out jack on the Sync Adapter do the job for ye ?

http://ie.europe.creative.com/shop/product.asp?category=15&subcategory=116&product=14539&ucmsid=true&nav=

My own one is at work at the moment so I can't check for ye but might be worth a try.

Good thinking, it's worth the try. I have it myself and it is a standard jack alright. Not particularly convenient in a pocket though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Cheers for the reply DaCorkGeezer.

I've contacted Creative and they said that if i send it to them they'll send me back a 'refurbished' Vision:M... for €130.

So I'm not gonna bother. I'll just buy a new one.

you might wanna take them up on that offer if you want a new ZVM as they've been discontinued long ago and are increasingly hard to find in normal shops

• Advertisement

cgf wrote: »
    Will the TV Out jack on the Sync Adapter do the job for ye ?

http://ie.europe.creative.com/shop/product.asp?category=15&subcategory=116&product=14539&ucmsid=true&nav=

My own one is at work at the moment so I can't check for ye but might be worth a try.

Hmmm.. good thinking :)

I'll have to look into it :D

thanks man:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 paulr

i also have a problem with my vision m turned it on the other day and the screen was white could still see the artist and albums but would never be able to watch anything on it anyone know if this problem can be fixed. Thanks for any help you can give me.

paulr wrote: »
    i also have a problem with my vision m turned it on the other day and the screen was white could still see the artist and albums but would never be able to watch anything on it anyone know if this problem can be fixed. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Maybe you should create a new thread for that... ;)

Do a hard reset on your unit. let the whole thing rebuild and see what happens then. If it doesn't work, switch it into recovery mode:

www.us.creative.com/support/kb/article.asp?l=2&sid=4794

Advertisement