Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSX Deluxe Crash.

Options
  • 02-01-2008 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭

From what I have found on Google, this seems to be a very common problem but I can't seem to find any definitive answers.

I've got the Deluxe version of FSX for the young lad & it was running flawlessly for about three days before it started to crash.

The same thing happens every time. It restarts the PC & reports that it has recovered from a serious error (Something to do with a memory dump I think).

I carried out the following suggestions from Microsoft & it looked good for about two days but it raised its ugly head again.

Steps:

1. Ran the full MemTest (3.5 hours) everything passed fine.

2. Updated the BIOS.

3. Updated the Graphics Drivers.

4. Deleted the Windows page file & forced Windows to create and manage a new one.

My Machine Spec:

Mobo: MSI P6N SLI Platinum, nForce-650i SLI, Socket-775, ATX, DDR2, GbLAN, 2xPCI-Ex16

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.67GHz 1333Mhz Socket LGA775, 4MB

RAM: Corsair TWIN2X 6400C4 DDR2, 496MB (With 3GB Switch)

Graphics: Gainward GeForce 8500GT 256MB DDR3, PCI-Express, DVI/Tv-Out, SilentFX

Flight Stick: Saitek Cyborg 3D Stick EVO Wireless Joystick for PC.

It's an absolute pain in the ass, I never realised my little brat could pull such a convincing "Sad Puppy" face. :p

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

PS, Please don't suggest that I sell the brat :eek:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling again? a pain I know nut it usually does the trick for me:)

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

darragh-k wrote: »
    Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling again? a pain I know nut it usually does the trick for me:)

Darragh

The game does not appear to have its own uninstall feature.

Do you just use the "Add Remove Programs" feature within Control Panel to uninstall it?

Thanks for the reply Darragh :).

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Forgot about that! Yes I do use the add/ remove programs feature.
    Ithink you can do it by inserting disk 1 also, but my drive is busted and wont be fixed until tommorow so I cant say that is definite, it could be for fs2004, but im almost sure its for fsx, worth a try though.

Darragh

you were right Darragh,

FSX Deluxe has both a repair and removal feature on disc 1.

The removal option even gives you the option to remove but keep your saved games.

I have just uninstalled it & am going to reinstall. I'm also going to install SP1A this time just in case it helps any. Had SP1 & SP2 installed originally but never installed SP1A (supposed to be for Deluxe version)

I'll see how that works & post back.

Still open to any helpful suggestions people have to cure this crash problem?

-

Ya, sp1 is well worth the download, it lets you kiick players in multi-player, and if your trying to host a good session, thats essential!
    Let me know how ya do sure, might be no harm to get it moved to the aviation and aircraftsection seen as I'm the only person who responded but thats a matter entirely up to the moderator, just a thought.

Darragh

• Advertisement

From what I can see there's SP1, SP1a & SP2, I can't see any other service pack or patch.

The game is my sons but on my rig, I don't actually play it my self but was surprised to see such little response to my cry for help.

Maybe you're right Darragh? Maybe it should be in a different thread?

If any of the Mods see this & think it would be better suited elsewhere, please move it?

Thanks.

Ok,

I found this on the MS site & followed the advice.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315192

This effectually turns off the auto shutdown in the event of a fatal error.

FSX crashed again, only this time it BSOD instead of forcing a restart, giving me the opportunity to see exactly what Windows was bitching about.

The blue screen error reported that it was being caused by NV4_DSIP.DLL & I'm assuming that it referrs to the Nvidia drivers or something related to graphics anyway?

My Google searches pointed me to here:
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=4432

There is a so called patch available here to close the RX55 Register in the BIOS as some are claiming that this is actually causing the problem.

I'm a tad reluctant to apply this patch as I'm not fully sure what I'm at.

Anyone come across this or have any advice?
    :(

-

Advertisement