Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registry Office Wedding Cost

Options
  • 01-01-2008 11:58pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

My OH and I were thinking of having a very small wedding in a registry office and I was wondering does anyone know roughly how much this would cost? We're both part time students and have just bought our first place together so money is really tight!:)

Our plan was that we could have our wedding (just ourselves and witnesses) in the registry office and then have our blessing and big white wedding in a year or two when we've saved up the money. I've tried having a look on the net for some more info, but I can find loads on what you need to bring to get married (like ID and such) but nothing on how much the whole thing actually costs. If it's going to cost us a couple of thousand or something, we'd probably just hold out for the couple of years, but we both would like to do it now :D

Any info would be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think it is relatively modest - only a few hundred at most. I think phone your local office.

All I can find is this

http://www.groireland.ie/getting_married.htm
    After 5th November 2007 any couple proposing to marry should begin the process by contacting their local Registration Office to make an appointment to meet the Registrar to give him/her their marriage notification. Notifications can be taken only by prior appointment with the Registrar. While only three months’ notice is required by law, couples are advised to contact the Registrar well over three months before their intended date of marriage to ensure they can get a timely appointment. The notification details will be entered on a computerised notification system by the Registrar on the basis of the information given by the couple. When attending the Registrar’s office in relation to the notification, the couple must also pay the notification fee of €150 and provide the Registrar with evidence of their name, address, age, marital status and nationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Got married in a registry office in cork last week and it cost me 100 euro in total, although i think they've just upped it to 150.

bargain

Advertisement