Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch on vista 64 bit?

Options
  • 01-01-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this has come up before. A friend of mine got the iPod Touch and says it will not work with vista 64. Surely this can't be true as this os is shipping with a lot of pc's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

on the requirements list here it states 32bit vista. i'm currently on the 64bit version here and i'm downloading itunes as i type this. will let you know how i get on, but since i don't have any ipod that works with itunes i can test whether a ipod will work with itunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks Cremo, let me know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tuxy wrote: »
    Thanks Cremo, let me know how it goes.
    well all the non ipod parts of itunes work on 64bit, just don't have a touch/iphone yet to test that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

mine dosent work on 32bit vista or 64bit vista, i have to use another pc with windows xp, major pain in the hole, i really hope they update itunes with support asap...

So if you have a newish PC you should not buy an iPod Touch?

• Advertisement

depends what version of vista you have :rolleyes:

BArra wrote: »
    depends what version of vista you have :rolleyes:

Which versions does it work with?

dosent work with the ones i have anaway, vista home perhaps, ive read some forums with it working fine on that, check the apple itouch support forums for people with it working sucessfully and those unsucessfully

Advertisement