Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Player missing?

Options
  • 01-01-2008 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi

I have a Dell dimension 9200. It's one year old. It appears my DVD player was un-installed. It would be much appreciated if anyone could help me resolve the problem. I tried the Dell website and downloaded a patch but no joy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

What is the problem? The dvd drive is in place but the operating system is not detecting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Stereophonic

Yeh the drive is there but it won't detect any DVD's at all. Error comes up

What error?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Download VLC Player. First Hit on google.

Wheres me jumpa - He/She hasn't got the codec installed i reckon.

Download VLC Player. First Hit on google.

Wheres me jumpa - He/She hasn't got the codec installed i reckon.

VLC = the daddy!

• Advertisement

Says

"You must have DVD software installed on your computer to play DVDs, please ensure that the software is properly installed, before attempting to play your DVD"

The computer was set up by a Dell technician when the a faulty hard drive blew... realised that the DVD players wasn't working recently as I didn't use it until now. I check around the CD's with the computer... none outlining DVD player.

Read above post by erin

Help would be appreciated if I could get original DVD player fixed as i'm selling this Computer fairly soon. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

VLC would work but if you can't find the original software then go to the support section of the Dell website and download the software. You will just have to enter the make/model number of the computer to get to the downloads section.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Your Dell prob came with some DVD playback software like Cyberlink PowerDVD or something. Install that and it will work. You need a DVD decoder in order to play back DVDs. VLC won't work unless there's one installed already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement