Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall mount brackets for LCD TV's

Options
  • 01-01-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Do the wall brackets differ between different manufacturers or are they all the same? Do you need to get one specifically for the TV you have or are they all compatible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

First , you need to measure the mounting holes on the TV and make sure that combination is listed on the brackets spec-sheet , they do not all take every combination.

The more expensive X - Y type brackets take most combinations but not all.

The second most important thing is that the bracket is rated for the weight of the TV , and in my experience , you need to double the weight of TV and rate the bracket for that weight. ( so if your TV is 25 kilos , get a bracket rated for 50 ).

If the bracket has an extendible arm , then increase the weight rating even more , as the pressure on the wall increases with the distance from the wall.

And last but not least , Use heavy duty Rawl plugs , make sure you have a solid fixing to the wall , especially if you are mounting on plasterboard. Its too late to do anything about it once the TV has bounced off the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I bought a bracket yesterday and its rated for 18kg and the TV is weighing in about 14kg. However the plate that holds the whole bracket to the wall only has a hole for one of those concrete bolts. Now I'll be securing the bracket into a concrete wall, but is 1 bolt sufficient to hold the TV/bracket to the wall?

The manufacturers seem to think so

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭jmal

What bracket did you purchase?

Advertisement