Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total litres of alcohol consumed in Ireland tonight:

Options
  • 01-01-2008 2:24am
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,906 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone want to hazard a guess??

And what would be the most popular drink? :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

one billion
    Piss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

one billion
    Piss

Very concisely sums this one up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I'd say in litres twice half of the amount consumed.
    Most Popular: Soup.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,906 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I reckon most popular will be water, although the drinker won't know it. Most ppl will have been so pissed by midnight that they won't notice their drinks are being watered down :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

alan4cult wrote: »
    I'd say in litres twice half of the amount consumed.
    Most Popular: Soup.

There's alcoholic soup? :eek: Where can I get it? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Slow coach wrote: »
    There's alcoholic soup? :eek: Where can I get it? :p

You've never tried and Irish soup??

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,906 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Enlighten us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

meh

humbert wrote: »
    You've never tried and Irish soup??

I always try.

Irish soup? I make it all the time. No alcohol in it, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

I always try.

Irish soup? I make it all the time. No alcohol in it, though.

You don't try hard enough.

• Advertisement

You don't try hard enough.

Listen, Bob in Belfast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Listen, Bob in Belfast...

ha ha! God, I love after hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Cheap Eastern European lager and cheap Russian vodka... yeah you hear what I'm sayin'! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dont know about last night but there was a bit on the radio saying we drank 20million bottles of wine over the christmas period if thats any help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

dont know about last night but there was a bit on the radio saying we drank 20million bottles of wine over the christmas period if thats any help :D

And at least 10 million of them were consumed by my parents!

I jest, I jest...

You can count me out of the amount of alcohol consumed. Apart from the fact that I'm on stupid antibiotics, I don't drink much. (I think I might be in the minority!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

this is something interesting i read in the health pages of a ladies magazine recently: its a myth that you cant drink whilst on antibiotics. the doctor giving the advice said that there are only two types of antibiotics that you shouldnt drink alcohol with but that these are very rarely used by doctors! explains why my worst fears didnt come true a few years ago when i went to a ball while on antibiotics, had many a drink and was grand!

as for the amount of alcohol consumed (and i presume the OP is referring to new years) i dont even want to imagine. all i know is that i was at a party and it was stated at the start of the night we had way way way too much drink and all that was left at 3 in the morning was one can of carlsberg. i have just about recovered from the festivities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 PaPsToNy

hehe
    one billion
    Piss

Advertisement