Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sorry for my stupidity in advance

Options
  • 31-12-2007 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

ok,
    a really stupid situation im in, looking for help.dont even know it this should be in programming, but here goes.

was updating a laptop, tried to upgrade the os to windows xp and the laptop crashed in the middle of it. now it had already overhauled most of the system folder, removing the command.com file and it crashed before it installed the new folder? i guess thats what happened. now when i turn on the laptop, it wont let me install or open windows as its looking for command.com.

any help would be extremely appreciated.
    madmann

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=105

I'd just do a fresh install myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 madmannwithabow

ive tried to, but there's not enough space left on the hard drive. cant remove any information without the command.com file. any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Do you need to save stuff off the drive? In which case you could boot up on a CD and drop to the command line to delete, move stuff. Or put the drive in an external USB box and mount it on another PC. If you don't need anything off it then I'd just wipe the disk and start again.

Advertisement