Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for a hot towel shave

Options
  • 31-12-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

where is the best place to get a hot towel shave in town?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

there are a few different places.waldorf on westmoreland street or knights of the green wud prob be amongst the better places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

There's a place in Stephen's green SC, think it's ob the 2nf floor.

No idea what it's like though

There's a place in Stephen's green SC, think it's ob the 2nf floor.

No idea what it's like though

yeah i think thats knight of the green.ive heard its good for a haircut but dont know wat the hot towel shave is like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dunkim

I agree. Knights is very good. i got a voucher as a pressie for christmas and used it already. got a whole deep cleansing face massage and all that as well. the only hard bit is staying awake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

dunkim wrote: »
    I agree. Knights is very good. i got a voucher as a pressie for christmas and used it already. got a whole deep cleansing face massage and all that as well. the only hard bit is staying awake!

thats exactly wat i was thinking of getting! its de 55 euro one yeah?

ive a 50 euro oneforall voucher and i think u can use it there so ill pay a fiver extra to get it!

do u need much stubble for de shave or is a bit sufficient?

• Advertisement

id imagine the more stubble u have the more you'll get value for ur money

anyone know the best time to go to knights?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's a place on Liffey Street that allegedly does the best Turkish hot-towel shaves in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 heliguy

Any updates lads, did anyone try these places or did you find anywhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JuiceC

Don't go to Knights ... I went there after Christmas and they tried to use gillette shaving gel and the girl did not have one word of english!

The best "professional" shave i've had in Dublin is in Sams on Bachelors Walk. Great customer service and a great shave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 ronanl

yeah sams on the keys is very good, cool staff

ronanl wrote: »
    yeah sams on the keys is very good, cool staff

how much is a hot towel shave there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

Think its 35 for 40 mins but dont hold me to that.
    Heard its the best around aswell.

ok cheers. is that the one beside bar italia?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

was in the grafton barbers last week cut the mush off me!! Now i know i have crap skin anyway but thats why i went for the hot towel shave in order to get a clean shave that wouldn't leave me with a razor burn.

Don't think i'll be going back.

Will give this Sam's place a go next week and report back.

I'm on a mission to find the best full hot towel shave at the best price in our fair city, so stay tuned...................................

Cool I look foward to your updates.
    Can you give us some details of the shave ie. what was the prep like? what type of blade did they use? how long did it take?
    Thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

The prep was good thats why i was so disappointed afterwards.
    rubbed some lotion or oil into the skin and really messaged it in then two hot towels then Shaving cream using a brush and dish and an open razor or cut throat whatever they are called you know the one sweeney todd uses:eek:.

After nearly 20 minutes of shaving some other oil into the skin then a hot towel again then a cool towel then some after shave.

I got a perfect hot towel shave in turkey about a year ago and i have to say afterwards i looked brand new not a blemish or a mark.

have booked in to go into this sams place next week so will report back..........

Thank you cant wait to hear about sam's.
    Most of the world calls them straight razors in the uk they call them cut throat's.
    I collect straight razors and use one daily, if anyone wants to know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

I had the most amazing hot towel shave and head/neck/arm massage recently along Bachelors walk recently :D

It was excellent value for money too only €40 and it took well over one hour.

I cannot recommend it enough was absolutely brilliant!!;)

The shave quality too was excellent and loads of hot towels were used and the long straight cut throat blade was used.

When ever i go to town in future i will be popping in.

Think the barbers shop is called "SAMS BARBERS"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

colmranger wrote: »
    I had the most amazing hot towel shave and head/neck/arm massage recently along Bachelors walk recently :D

It was excellent value for money too only €40 and it took well over one hour.

I cannot recommend it enough was absolutely brilliant!!;)

The shave quality too was excellent and loads of hot towels were used and the long straight cut throat blade was used.

When ever i go to town in future i will be popping in.

Think the barbers shop is called "SAMS BARBERS"

was that upsatirs or downstairs?

i was in there recently but didnt see anyone getting a hot towel shave/massage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CountBlogg

So I went to the Waldorf, and personally I didn't think it was good value for money at all. The lad didn't even trim up my goatee and he cut my face up as well. Kinda ****e actually, they try to reel you in with this faux old time atmosphere and only sucker cares about the ambiance when he's getting a feckin' shave!

There is a Turkish Barbers (The Golden Scissors?) place in Cork, off Patrick St. and then off Winthrop St. a little bit down from the McDonalds, they do a GREAT Hot Towel shave and if I remember the price is great too.

If I remember correctly it's €35 for a Hair Cut, Hot Towel Shave and head massage.

They do this thing too where they rub alcohol on your ears and then light them on fire for a short moment and burn off all the little hairs on your ears.

You'd be amazed the attention a girl will give your ears when they are hairless and cologne scented!

I really haven't found a place that holds a candle to it in Dublin, very disappointing!

i got a shave in waldorf a little while back and it was grand

Advertisement