Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear on RTE2

Options
  • 31-12-2007 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Was just flicking thru the TV guide for the week and noticed that the Top Gear Polar Special is on RTE next Thursday night ... then I noticed that Top Gear is also on afterwards at 8pm ... does anybody know if its the current series or an old episode and is it likely to remain on the RTE schedules ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Looks like it will be on every week. Not sure if it is the latest series though. Can't see a reason for it not to be. Good that it will be shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

great advertisement for the hilux though - that and the second hand one they tried in vain to destroy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

i think rte two are picking and choosing eisodes, not showing series.

I LOVE the show but i am getting a little worried that it may reach saturation point!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

they are repeating the series from last year i think, most of them are classics!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I suppose it's a wise enough purchase given the lack of US programmes coming over with the writers strike still on. I hope the show the series in it's entirety, no point in picking and choosing.

Also they must have cut about 15 mins off the show as it's normally on for a full hour on BBC but RTE are showing adverts and still fitting it in the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh knowing rte they aren't great at the old timing schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Now to surf that "Why do we pay the tv liscence" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

555guy wrote: »
    Was just flicking thru the TV guide for the week and noticed that the Top Gear Polar Special is on RTE next Thursday night ... then I noticed that Top Gear is also on afterwards at 8pm ... does anybody know if its the current series or an old episode and is it likely to remain on the RTE schedules ???

That was Series 8 Episode 1 as the Polar special was done last Summer after the 9th series.
    I never got to see the Polar Special as i heard some dj last Thurs sayin it was on for the 4th time. Car crash telly :D ehh!

This may be off-topic:

But it led up great for this programme's welcome repeat (as i missed the start 1st time) if they want to see what its like driving over ice, this is when its on again, enjoy if you want.

The program, follows the fortunes of men who drive 18-wheelers over frozen lakes, delivering supplies to remote diamond mines in Canada’s Northwest Territories. The lakes are frozen for only 60 days a year, so the truckers don’t have much time to haul their indispensable cargo to the mines, which are inaccessible the rest of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

twas ok

• Advertisement
Advertisement