Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi Map Updates; Errors in Dublin

Options
  • 31-12-2007 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi. Two things:

1) Bought a Nuvi 670 that came preinstalled with European (Navteq v. 9) and North American Maps. I bought the Nuvi in October 2007 and registered it with Garmin a few days later.

I've seen the threads about the new Garmin European maps, but I'm not sure I understand whether I am entitled to get these maps.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and let me know if there's anyway to get the updated European maps free of charge?

2) I've loved having the Nuvi around Dublin (not originally from Dublin, so it's extremely useful). However one negative thing I've noticed: on some occasions (i.e., more than once or twice), the Nuvi has tried to direct me down a one-way street the wrong way or told me to take a right turn when it was clearly signposted that no right turn was allowed.

These have occurred in the Dublin city centre (north and south side) (e.g., Phibsboro going up Constitution Hill or on side streets going on to the Camden Street area). While I understand the GPS is only as good as the most recent map software, some of the errors are pretty bad. This is the main reason I would like to get the updated European maps (for free:D).

Have others found similar errors?

Advertisement