Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hubby just ruined my life

Options
  • 31-12-2007 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi all, I need a bit of advice. I was halfway through writing a story, I had about 60 pages done in ms word, when my hubby came along off his head on grog and deleted it from the desktop. He also went so far as to delete it from the recycling bin as well. What can I do, hes such a dickhead. He said that if I wanted he could try rewriting it, but I wouldn't trust him, every fecking character would be a drug addict or have big boobs if he had his way. What can I do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

You maybe able to retrieve it using tune up utilities there is a program in there called undelete, the sooner you use it the better. http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dmaher1

You can recover it:

http://www.whitecanyon.com/recover-deleted-recycle-bin-files.php

Learn lesson and always back it up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

thats great, I recovered them,thanks ever so much

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

Glad you recovered it, although I find that if you do lose something, and rewrite it, it's usually much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

BTW what is the story about?
    I hope it's a love story.hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

ur hubby needs a kicked ass..

not a nice thing he done there.

Good luck with the story :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

thats great, I recovered them,thanks ever so much

That's a relief - I really felt for you when I read the opening post! I'm up to Page 210 of my novel. I think I'd slash my wrists if I lost it!

That link about retrieving stuff is really useful.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think maybe in future you should keep a few copies, such as a print out everyday, a copy on a disk or save it as an attachment on your email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Thanks for all the support everyone, I needed it, I felt like ripping his head off and crapping down his neck. He gets very jealous when he sees me typing, he says im getting all "uppity in myself writing fancy books". Anyway we sorted it out, the book is about a Greek who went to America, he was just trying to make a bit of a living when a Turkish man he meets turns into a right bastard. Its a bit more complicated than that but I have a feeling its not too bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭DC

I use Gmail to backup my writing. What you do is to send the document to yourself in an email. As you add to the document, you can reply to the same email with a new attachment and maybe a comment about what you added since the last version. You keep doing this at the end of each writing session.

Gmail has 6,300 MB of free storage space, so you can backup to your heart's content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

DC just be sure to check that gmail don't claim copyright for your work because you've uploaded it. I'm notspecifically picking on gmail here but a lot of these sites have nasty little surprises in their Ts & Cs.

Advertisement