Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mis-heard lyrics

Options
  • 31-12-2007 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭

Can you think of any songs with ambiguous lyrics?

My favourites are U2's "Electrical storm", which sounds to me like "electric toaster", and a line from Bloc party's "like eating glass" which sounds like "open mouth, swallowing ass"

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think i've said this in AH before, but if you're familiar with pantera's song 'walk', their chorus goes to the effect of... 're-spect, walk'... which for absolute years i thought was 'breathe, spit, walk'...

i still think my version's better...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lollilollilolli

In one sweet day by boys2men/mariah carey

the line is "I took your presence for granted" I always thought he said "I took your breasts for granted":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

"when the going gets tough" by billy ocean- always thought he said "go and get stuffed!!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

To my shame, Korn; Freak on a Leash, the line where he says
    "A cheap fúck for me to lay" I always thought he said, "Archie fought for me and you". I almost killed my friend when I asked him about it one day. The ridicule didnt help, but it was more so he couldnt tell others my secret shame :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I heard "Ambition makes you look pretty ugly" from Radiohead's Paranoid Android as "This shirt makes you look pretty ugly"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i dont feel like dancing. sissor sister's.

saw the lyrics on youtube today. shocked at how wrong i was.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I used to think Aerosmiths 'Dude looks like a lady' was 'Doodle like a lady'.....
    not sure why that made sense but I still think of it when the songs on lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

star-pants wrote: »
    I used to think Aerosmiths 'Dude looks like a lady' was 'Doodle like a lady'.....
    not sure why that made sense but I still think of it when the songs on lol

Doodle like a lady? Bahahahaha. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Ivan wrote: »
    To my shame, Korn; Freak on a Leash, the line where he says
    "A cheap fúck for me to lay" I always thought he said, "Archie fought for me and you". I almost killed my friend when I asked him about it one day. The ridicule didnt help, but it was more so he couldnt tell others my secret shame :p

Don't worry man I thought it was that as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

narco wrote: »
    i think i've said this in AH before, but if you're familiar with pantera's song 'walk', their chorus goes to the effect of... 're-spect, walk'... which for absolute years i thought was 'breathe, spit, walk'...

i still think my version's better...

i think breath, respect,walk rather than respect being said in 2 parts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

U2's with or without you the lyric is "slight of hand and twist of fate" i thought it was" slice of ham and twist of fate"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eviecarwash

I thought Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" was "Older, Thinner, Faster, Stronger". Oops! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

The Kooks song 'Naive' ''Im not fond of asking'' I thought was ''Im not on the roster'' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Macy Gray: "I wear goggles when you are not there"

Professional Widow: "Scabby leg... scabby leg... scabby leg, etc"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

is it not meant to be.....

"my world crumbles when you are not there"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

kev_s88 wrote: »
    is it not meant to be.....

"my world crumbles when you are not there"

I think that was the point he was making..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I used to think Abba's Dancing Queen's line "Digging the dancing queen" was "She is the dancing queen" and I still think it would make a lot more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

I used to think the line "I predict a riot" from the Kaiser Chiefs was "Alfred it's a riot". I still get a ridiculous amount of slagging because of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

brilliant.

****ING HOFF STYLE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

check this.pantera's 5 minutes alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_crYfBrnmY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭PokerChild

Years ago I heard a cool tune on UK Radio one. Pete Tongs show.
    Following day I walked into the local ubber cool DJ white label/Record store and asked for that toon "Be a swan"

He didn't have a clue so I described it as best I could and ended up humming it in fornt of a few people.

After breaking his sh1te laughing he informed me I was possibly looking for Sasha's new tune called "Be as one"

For shame :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They are called Mondegreens.

Very funny.

Advertisement