Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

formating

Options
  • 31-12-2007 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

ive got vista runnin on one hdd, and xp runnin on the other. i use xp primarily. can i format the vista drive from xp, and what is the best way of doing this?. use the built in format tool, reformat using instalation disk or wat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ya, you can format it from Xp, but which is set to boot 1st? You may have to modify the boot loader again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ya ive been fiddlin around with boot priority, but its being a bit of a ballz, when i got it new (unformated...:confused:...) i stuck it inta the second sata slot, the temperature sensors in speedfan poped up n made sure i knew they were there, but i couldnt find it in my computer (it was hiding). so i threw it on primary boot n decided id give vista another spin (for the billionth time), already sick of it again. now with vista on the secondary (new) drive, and im in xp, it shows up....so ya....bollox to that then

jus formatting using right-click in xp....taking aaaaaggggggeeeeesssss

Advertisement