Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bosch washing machine...problem.

Options
  • 30-12-2007 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

hi,

have a problem with my washing machine.it fills with water when you put it on a spin, and a minute before a normal cycle stops it wont drain.
    it only 3/4 years old and only used by 2 people.

checked the filter,and it seems ok(to me...)
    could it be the digital display/switches that are the problem?

any ideas?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Could be the controller, or the drain pump might have packed up.

Pump is considerably easier and cheaper than replacing the controller, although both are more or less plug in.

My machine died yesterday due to b0rked drum bearings. Time for that new Miele I've been promising myself-truly the Rolls Royce of washing machines ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

cheers, when it was stuck on a cycle i saw loads of water going down the drain...but it wont go on a drain cycle...

any idea of how much for a controller?

could i do this myself so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

None, but a google might help, there are many suppliers out there.

First thing is to troubleshoot, and if you're not confident about working on a live appliance with a multimeter then best thing is to call in a repair guy.

In either case, the actual time cost shouldn't be that high, although I understand that they work on a minimum call out charge.

Bosch are a fair cut above some cheaper brands, so this machine, if in otherwise good order is well worth repairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

thanks,

it will cost €85 for a call out....but it is in good nick,so will fork out and get it fixed.

Advertisement