Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blaupunkt Travelpilot Lucca MP3

Options
  • 30-12-2007 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Got a Blaupunkt Travelpilot Lucca MP3 as a gift. Bought on internet and posted from France with France map loaded.
    Managed to download UK and Ireland map from DVD.
    But coverage in rural areas is nonexistant.
    Just a white page untill you get to a National Route.
    Can I get better maps anywhere.
    My friend's Garmin Nuvi has every back road and townland.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bluefish

Alright Raynorton,

Teleatlas do the mapping for the Lucca navigation systems. Their website shows there are new maps available to purchase for Europe (including 100% street coverage for Ireland for E119).

You can buy them from here: http://www.navshop.com/en/product/europe-2007-2008-blaupunkt-travelpilot-lucca-sd-2gb-sd-512mb-en/6349/68/1

If you purchase let me know what they are like as I am thinking of upgrading mine into the future (but not for a good while yet)

Bluefish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I just got one of these as a freebie from work and it looks like the latest maps are on it....

Reason I know this is my sisters house in the butt end of Cork is not on my TomTom I bought last year, but since Teleatlas upgraded the maps a few months ago, I could now see here house clearly on Google earth where I couldn't before. Her road now shows on the map with the Lucca

Since Teleatlas do the maps, is it possible like the TomTom to connect the Lucca to a laptop and use Google aswell?

Advertisement