Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube

Options
  • 29-12-2007 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know if ya can download videos from youtube to ur harddrive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can yes. With a bit of googling you will find out how. For instance try
    download youtube videos
    in google

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yes. You can. Search this forum or if you're using FireFox - http://en-GB.add-ons.mozilla.com/en-GB/firefox/2.0.0.11/extensions/ - have a search/look through the list for a plug-in to do it or use vixy.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I still think it is a troublesome program sometimes, but Real Player can download and play youtube videos no problem.

If you have the latest version of Real Player installed, and you go to youtube
    when you start a video, move the pointer over the screen and a small
    box will appear in the top right of the video saying "download this video"

Click this box and Real Player opens a download window and saves the video
    as a .flv file. This is a Flash Video format file. Real Player can play this format no bother.
    Most other media players cannot.

BE WARNED: Real Player is famous for it software being very pushy.
    When you install Real Player, there are several options that you must configure manually to ensure that
    Real Networks, the parent cannot monitor your system remotely.

I think there should be a thread sticky on how to install Real Player properley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

get a download manager like idm,no hassle and great speeds.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Freddy Krueger

Lovely post. Install real player. Then when you try to open any kind of video and you tube as well a pop up msg will appear (download this video). You can download real player for free. I discovered this option via RTE news.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Lovely post. Install real player. Then when you try to open any kind of video and you tube as well a pop up msg will appear (download this video). You can download real player for free. I discovered this option via RTE news.....
    No offense but that was pointed out already.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yes but if a person wishes to play the file in a player other than real player or on a ipod or something, downloading and converting the flv is the way to go ;),
    Nick

Well the quick way to go is use Safari. On any page, youtube or otherwise, you can hit Ctrl+Alt+A to open the activity window, which shows all the downloaded/downloadable elements on that page. This works for music streamed from say band websites as well. No extensions, no conversions, it downloads the original file.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Stay away from Real Player, pain in the hole of a program.

Try keepvid

www.keepvid.com

• Advertisement

Guys, seriously, Safari! It's a great browser, but even if you only use it for the purpose required in this thread it's simpler than those programs or Real Player! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Real Player is a nasty piece of software, stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

I don't think it's that bad these days, used to be a lot worse. You just gotta watch out for what boxes are ticked when installing and the other good thing is that it doesn't try to associate every bloody file with it anymore. And the download plugin for FF is much more reliable than a lot of other programs that i've tried. flv format is no big deal. use SUPER and you can get any format u like.

only problem is that FF3 doesn't work with the realplayer plugin at the mo..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Orbit Downloader does the job grand and its a general purpose download manager too

http://www.orbitdownloader.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 videospot

E.M. Youtube video download tool maybe can help you. The software can download and convert video to any formats video and audio.

Advertisement