Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod not recognised by computer

Options
  • 29-12-2007 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey new ipod nano got and connected it to the computer yesterday and connected fine but today nothing is happening at all when it connects up to the computer (same computer as yesterday).

Checked the USB ports in the device manager and they seem fine. Not working in any of the ports.All ports seem fine though in device manager

Not sure if its the computer or the ipod. havent got my laptop at moment but gonna hook it up to it tomorrow and see if the ipod is working ok on other computers.

Any advice, by the way not running iTunes as dont like it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

if you havn't already done so, try downloading itunes from the internet. when thats done,open itunes and attach your ipod.might take a few minutes if battery needs charging. other than that it should work. i had similar issue with mine a couple of days ago and it worked out ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, try iTunes and see if it recognises it, if you've tried every USB port, have you a firewire connection for the iPod?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

All I can say is the ipod should be recognised as a UMS device, so it's not an itunes related issue... it could be the ipod, it could be the computer... you'll have to test the pod on another computer to find out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

had a closer look at it and the port on the iPod is bad. The connection slots in the port is not centre which seems like it is due to a seam not being bonded properly as there is a gap between two areas which shouldnt be there.

Bought it off apple store online and they are terrible to deal with. Took them ages to agree that the port was broken (They kept asking to check this and that, and if the battery is gone etc).

Anyways they are sending a postage bag so can send it back and they will send a new one out.

Advertisement