Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc - xbox 360

Options
  • 29-12-2007 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

My wife got me an Xbox 360 Elite for Christmas(Still in box as i speak) has anyone here networked thse 2. I have a cat 5 cable running from upstairs (where pc is) to down stairs where i hope to put the xbox. Is it as simple as RJ 45 to pc and RJ 45 to XBOX or would i need to use the netopia(Eircom)router for this. My main reason is to stream MP3 music from upstairs to my 360 to my amp . to listen to music downstairs. Has anyone done this? How well does it Work?

My OS, is Vista.
    Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Best way to do it is to plug both into the netopia. It should have 4 or so ethernet ports you can use. If it is inconvenient to use long ethernet cables you can get a wireless adapter for the xbox but its pretty expensive at about 80 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

you dont say where the router is? if it was close to the xbox id connect that with a cable and get a wireless adaptor for the pc (as stated xbox one is expensive and a pc one would be a fraction of the price).

As for your other question it works ok for movies and well for music. The interface for music annoys me a little and not as feature rich as it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

if you look round pc world ,or maplin,30ft rj45 cable is 20euro approx.2EURO or small hardware SHOPS SELL 12ft cable for 5euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Thanks Lads. I have the house pre wired. I ran Cat 5 everwhere to all the rooms. They all terminate in the attic. I hope to put the pc up there with the Netopia Router. Its a new Build so hoping to move in in early February.
    I was just wondering did it work for Streaming music to Downstairs from pc to Xbox to onkyo tx-sr 605. I think there is an amp from that range than has networking facilities but the price is ridiclious. So i thought it would be cheaper with an xbox360 and the 605 amp plus I can play games.

Thanks again

Advertisement