Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam strategy

Options
  • 28-12-2007 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

it must be tht my head has turned to mush from studying or something but i cant work this out any more:

i have an exam coming up with 8 possible topics, there will be 5 questions on the paper and i have to do 3, so how many topis to i need to study to cover myself????

8 topics
    5 questions
    3 to do

anyone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

You can afford not to do 2 topics and worst case scenario there will be 3 questions you can answer. This is a zero risk strategy.

Personally Id analyise the past papers and decide what topics to study that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Do you know for certain that it'll be one topic per question? As opposed to 2 topics thrown in together into a question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

i know what one topic is for certain

i know its typically one topic per question but i think one question might have 2 parts!

is there an easy way of working it out?? i used to be able to do it but just forgot one day!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

make sure you have backup and do asyour told check the past papers, and best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

king-stew wrote: »
    i know what one topic is for certain

i know its typically one topic per question but i think one question might have 2 parts!

is there an easy way of working it out?? i used to be able to do it but just forgot one day!!! :rolleyes:
    If you know one for certain then its that one plus 5 others, still 6 :)
    Theres now 7 topics, 4 questions do 2.

The formula is: the number of questions you have to do + the number that wont come up.

eg 10 topics
    4 questions
    do 2

Ans: you study 8.

• Advertisement
Advertisement