Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom ONE V3 for Xmas - Which is best GPS??

Options
  • 28-12-2007 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I got a Tom Tom One VE (UK & Ire) for Xmas. I am thinking of bringing it back to the shop and upgrading to a better model.

What do you think?

What would you go for?

I am getting conflicting advice on Tom Tom and Garmin. Which is the best and why?

Thanks. Apologies if this is a regular thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Well if you are going to bring it back then don't buy another tomtom. Garmin are much better. The new maps are just out. The 250 is fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

milmo wrote: »
    I got a Tom Tom One VE (UK & Ire) for Xmas. I am thinking of bringing it back to the shop and upgrading to a better model.

What do you think?

What would you go for?

I am getting conflicting advice on Tom Tom and Garmin. Which is the best and why?

Thanks. Apologies if this is a regular thread

If you do a search for Teleatlas on this forum, you will realise that tomtom Ireland mapping isn't too hot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Garmin seem to have the better maps, so people tend to say Garmin are that bit better. Not a huge advantage tho.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If you do a search for Teleatlas on this forum, you will realise that tomtom Ireland mapping isn't too hot.

There is not much in it TBH .

Advertisement