Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose between POIs

Options
  • 28-12-2007 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi,

I downloaded POIs from POIloader and then went onto a different site to download speedcamera POIs and now I can only download either the POIs or the speedcams. It seems that I can only download a batch so I cant download from one website and then add onto it from another website. What do I do??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Not giving us enough information there. What unit have you got? What format did yu get the POI's in? What software are you using to install them on the SatNav unit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Of course, sorry

Its a Garmin Nuvi 660 and some I downloaded in excel format and others were in .img format and others were in .gpx format. What do I do to download them all on. I thought the POI loader for Garmin devices put them all in as one format! Excuse my ignorance on the subject!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

No the Garmin just takes csv format. You can combine them all in one csv file or you can have separate ones, but they all have to be csv AFAIK.

CSV is very simple, although Excel reads them, it can be a bit misleading because csv is a text file format. CSV stands for Comma Separated Values which is exactly that. A typical line in a Garmin csv file looks like this:

-6.4324, 58.9245, Home

That's all. You can write them in notepad or even DOS!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

My garmin does GPX files, not CSV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

But if I load on POIs on one day, can I not just add to it? It seems to overwrite what ive already dwonloaded if I add more onto it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement