Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kayaking

Options
  • 28-12-2007 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Me and a friend of mine had this idea a few years back while in school, to row from lucan in dublin to the shannon along the grand canal (it goes there, right?)

Well anyway, the only thing stopping us is the money for gear and stuff, since it's not gonna be insane white water stuff, just still, water till the shannon, we could budget it quite a bit, but i've no idea what gear you'd need, a good kayak goes for 700-1000 yeah?

I'd love some feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

I think outsider did an article on this trip about a year ago. I will have a look at my back issues to see if i can find the month for you.
    I have talked to a guy who did the trip and described it as very boring. I have always wanted to cycle this trip along by the canal though

Advertisement